New York-Hudson Valley

Indian Weddings

I'm not sure if I'm on the right geographical board... I'm a NH bride, but sister-in-law to be just got engaged and we thought we'd help each other out.  She lives in Nanuet (hasn't joined TK yet and I keep telling her that she should!) and is looking for how to get started planning an Indian wedding in her area.  Suggestions?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Indian Weddings

• I remember coming across this place when I started looking for my venue.  I never got in touch with them, since I live overseas and they didn't have an email address.  There might have been a few others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.  I think the others were in Yonkers.
    Hope it helps.  :)
    http://www.theviewonthehudson.com/cultural_style.htm
  • There's a temple in Pomona with priests who may help. Also a huge pile of Indians in the westchester and bergen county area. Great catering from royal palace in greenburgh pearl river Hilton apparently works with Indians too.
  • Pearl River Hilton seems to be a fave among Indians. So check that out. Tarry town Estate also claims to do Indian weddings. I'm Indian myself, but am getting married at The Garrison bc I really liked the Hudson Valley views. Ive also seen an Indian wedding at Osborn Castle, but that venue is pretty expensive. If you're looking for a wedding planner, everyone suggests Sonal Shah, but she was a bit too expensive for me. Also, Mayuri of Mayuri Florists is located in Nanuet and is great. She may be able to put you in touch with other Indian vendors as well. FYI, I am bringing a priest up from Jersey City and a mehndi artist from Edison. I wasn't able to find anyone I liked in the HV. Let me know if you have any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards