Michigan-Detroit
Options

Any advice for getting waxed?

Tomorrow I have an appt to get full legs, underarms, arch and brazilian wax.

The only one I'm used to is the arch.  Any advice on the others? 

Wear loose clothing, put lotion on, take pain meds beforehand?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Re: Any advice for getting waxed?

• Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take motrin before which will help relieve pain and swelling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never took anything for my bikini wax and I don't know if I could deal with the pain of a brazilian. I have heard for eyebrows and upper lip you can use a little anbesol (spellcheck) and it helps to num the area. But I don't think you would want that near your nether-regions...you are more of a woman than I and I salute you..lol!!!! Good luck!!!

P.S. Let me know what is involved (surface area) in the brazilian....just curious
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow....you are extremely brave.  I think I would be way too chicken to get a Brazilian wax.  Really, I think I'd be a little scared of any sort of wax.  Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_advice-getting-waxed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:f50f27cd-31d7-462d-8312-ef553c019b93Post:ebceedff-f84a-41f1-8a3a-303cf03d3547">Re: Any advice for getting waxed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never took anything for my bikini wax and I don't know if I could deal with the pain of a brazilian. I have heard for eyebrows and upper lip you can use a little anbesol (spellcheck) and it helps to num the area. But I don't think you would want that near your nether-regions...you are more of a woman than I and I salute you..lol!!!! Good luck!!! P.S. Let me know what is involved (surface area) in the brazilian....just curious
    Posted by cjaetwo[/QUOTE]

I've never had a Brazilian wax but I know those who have.  The surface area involved is everywhere!  The ins, the outs and all around.  You are one brave soul if you get one of these!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, well now ya'll have me second guessing myself!! I want a brazilian for my b-pics......would a bikini be just as good?  I've never had a bikini wax either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_advice-getting-waxed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:f50f27cd-31d7-462d-8312-ef553c019b93Post:4a42f338-af3b-4c04-94ec-cbcab7ea1abc">Re: Any advice for getting waxed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm, well now ya'll have me second guessing myself!! I want a brazilian for my b-pics......would a bikini be just as good?  I've never had a bikini wax either.
    Posted by mybestfriendsfuturemrs[/QUOTE]

Unless you plan on not wearing anything and opening up for the world to see a bikini wax should do. Maybe have the cheeks waxed if you are concerned. You certianly don't need your brownstar waxed  if you have some undies on ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I went through with it all the way.  I took a Motrin 800 mg about an hour before my appointment.  The legs were the worst part.  The va jay jay was a little tender at my thigh area. The esthetician complimented me at how well I reacted....no screaming, crying or cussing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What salon did you go to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Simplicity Salon in Howell, MI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards