Michigan-Detroit

$7/slice (person) of wedding cake

Holy sh*t thats expensive... do you guys know who will charge me WAY less and make me a fondant cake with piping detail.. please share!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: $7/slice (person) of wedding cake

• That does seem a bit steep, but doing the fondant can make it become more expensive faster.  If you are anywhere near Northville, I'd check out Elite Sweets.  We paid about $3 pp for buttercream with piped details and I think they just charge about a dollar extra per person for fondant.  Their cakes are also really good too.
  • Josef's was about $4/slice...but I didn't have fondant. They could do it though, I just don't know pricing. Cake was amazing so I definitely recommend them!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Annnd this is why I went with cupcakes. Sorry I'm no help!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We used Holiday Market's bakery, they did our catering too.

I think the cake, which was on the smaller side, fed 100, 2 layers, was buttercream not fondant. The cake total was $130 or so, but our cake was pretty simple.

Here's a link to their wedding cake pages: http://www.holiday-market.com/bakery/wedding.php?catid=11

Also, I was playing around with Holiday Market's bakery site, and you can get a pretty good idea of what they'd charge for your cake. This link takes you to their "anniversary cakes", which are 2 tiers and feed up to 85. Some appear to have fondant, but when you click on the drop down fondant doesn't come up as an option, just appears to be various types of frosting. But NONE of the options are as high as $7/ slice.

http://www.holiday-market.com/bakery/product.php?pageno=6&catid=28&sex=Both&totalrecord=190

This is our cake. It was buttercream frosting which was almost as even as fondant. We had yellow cake with Passion Fruit Mousse filling.......it was to die for!

Good luck.
  • Check out cakes by stephanie in monroe, mi,
    shes 2.95 a slice, and her cakes are amazing!!
  • If you go to the Bridal Shows, they have people doing $2 a slice specials, if you leave a 20-50 dollar deposit and sign up at the show.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_7slice-person-of-wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:ff99f7b5-dc64-4aaa-aead-0318a7cd8231Post:755263d2-77b4-497b-ba2f-bf3e58b98132">Re: $7/slice (person) of wedding cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out cakes by stephanie in monroe, mi, shes 2.95 a slice, and her cakes are amazing!!
    Posted by anikischer[/QUOTE]

thanks I went to check out her cakes. The vanilla was yummy but they wanted 1300$ for the cake. Ouch
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards