• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Hudson Valley

Where to buy Jewish wedding glass to break at ceremony?

FI and I are having a ceremony (not a full mass) in my Catholic church but the priest has been amazing and is letting us have FI break the glass at the end of the ceremony to honor the Jewish tradition.I checked google, but would prefer some advice re: where to purchase a jewish wedding glass and pouch.  Thanks!

Re: Where to buy Jewish wedding glass to break at ceremony?

• ACiprisACipris member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    here's a trick - our Rabbi is wrapping a flashbulb in a handkerchief to simulate breaking of glass . he said that most Rabbis don't use an actual glass anymore, so maybe you can fool everyone too ;)good luck!
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I thought most people used lightbulbs.
    image image image
  • mls68mls68 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Some people use lightbulbs, others use a glass that is easily breakable.  I just don't want to buy something online without having the company recommended by someone else first.
  • edited December 2011
    We just used a lightbulb wrapped in a linen napkin. I think people only buy a specific glass if they are going to save the pieces for a specific purpose, often to make a mezzuzah. If you want it for a purpose like that, I think it's a great idea, otherwise kinda just a waste of money. There's a Jewish wedding board on here, you may want to ask them. If you live near Monsey, there are several Judaica stores which should sell those types of items. In particular I could think of Tuvia's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards