August 2013 Weddings

Cake already?

The Knot checklist tells me I should have already chosen the bakery for my cake? Is that for real? Do bakeries "fill up" 7 months in advance?

Re: Cake already?

• I found a girl local to me that works out of her house. She used to work at a bakery and now started her own business she does amazing work. I think people like that won't be booked as much because they work more on word of mouth. Check your Facebook and search and see what comes up they are probably cheaper too.
    Bunny ??
  • We just put down a deposit for our cake this weekend. I did it mostly because I was excited. I would say it depends on the bakery you want to go with and if they do a lot of wedding cakes. My baker did have a few dates already booked in the summer. I would call around to the bakeries you are thinking of going with and ask them how booked they are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have my appointment Feb 6, with the woman that I know will be making it...

She said this is perfect time to be figuring out the cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fancybunny - Me too.  My baker can only be found by word of mouth.  She has no website and works out of her house.  She's been baking for over 20 years and is super awesome. She refuses to open a shop front  although she would probably double her business if she did.  Her cakes are so yummy and while she doesn't do the elaborate designs you would find at other bakers her cakes still make an impact because of their presentation and taste.

@JennaMichelle88 - You are still probable safe in waiting to book for the next month or so. However, as others have said it doesn't hurt to start calling around to the bakers you are interested and see how their dates look.  If they are already into the early summer months then I would go ahead and book now.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    We actually already have ours planned out as well. We have discussed it with the baker and have our date and order set in stone. We just have to go sort out the details (Delivery time) So I would begin your search if I were you, keeping in mind every area is different.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok, I called the bakery I really want to use and they said not to worry yet. But I'll probably make an appointment for a tasting next time I go home just because cake is yummy.
  • edited February 2013

My wedding is August 31, 2013 on the beach. I haven't booked a baker yet cause I'm going with Publix. Its also in another state. Were going back out there to book some wedding stuff this Spring. But I know what I want my cake to look like. Picture bel

ow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards