New York-Hudson Valley

Bakery for Groom's Cake

Hey Ladies!

So my wedding cake is included in the price of the venue and they do amazing cakes and I want something very simple so I don't need to worry there... however... my lovely FI decided he wanted a groom's cake now after deciding before that it was silly.  He wants something very specific... his car.  So I am on a search for bakeries in Westchester, Putnam and Duchess Counties that can accommodate that and make a car cake!  Any ideas ladies??  Thanks so much!!

PS I know of LuLu's Bakery in Scarsdale and that's about it. 
-Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bakery for Groom's Cake

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riviera Bakery in Ardsley

Homestyle Bakery in Peekskill
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to check out Homestyle about a car cake for my FI as well! It's a secret for my FI (part of a dedication to his late dad) and we are only allowed to use Homestyle for both cakes so I'm pretty much stuck with them anyway! If you check them out before January, can you please let me know how it went?? I'm so nervous about it working out. What kind of car? Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_bakery-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:1606b84b-2e36-4a80-b52d-d6ef8943b8e9Post:8ca0984e-5b3a-4ed3-bbaf-382dafed67f1">Re: Bakery for Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to check out Homestyle about a car cake for my FI as well! It's a secret for my FI (part of a dedication to his late dad) and we are only allowed to use Homestyle for both cakes so I'm pretty much stuck with them anyway! If you check them out before January, can you please let me know how it went?? I'm so nervous about it working out. What kind of car? Good luck!!
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

<div>My family has gotten several cakes from Homestyle & they were all excellent. My only gripe is re.: our cake for our engagement party. The cake came out beautiful & tasted great but they had the wrong name for FH on it. Aside, from that though I have no complaints whatsoever.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Lissy! I hear all good things about them, and I've tasted their stuff before at my venue. I just don't know how they're going to react to making a Corvette out of cake! eeek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_bakery-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:1606b84b-2e36-4a80-b52d-d6ef8943b8e9Post:8ca0984e-5b3a-4ed3-bbaf-382dafed67f1">Re: Bakery for Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to check out Homestyle about a car cake for my FI as well! It's a secret for my FI (part of a dedication to his late dad) and we are only allowed to use Homestyle for both cakes so I'm pretty much stuck with them anyway! If you check them out before January, can you please let me know how it went?? I'm so nervous about it working out. What kind of car? Good luck!!
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

My FI wants his Nissan 370Z Nismo which he has in red so of course he wants it in red lol.  I doubt i'll be checking out bakeries before the new year.  I'm working on finishing up main vendors, hair/makeup/limo, and then I'll start working on the bakeries... I just like to be ahead of the game so I can write some places down while I still remember lol.  good luck and let me know how it goes too!!
  • edited December 2011

Corsino Cakes in Wappingers Falls!  They just opened and are OUT OF THIS WORLD.  The owner Derek Corsino has done 2 of the cake challenges on the Food Network.  Be sure to check them out. You will NOT be disappointed.

www.corsinocakes.com

Best of luck,
    Lindsay

• PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies so much!
  • BURGH2NYCBURGH2NYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a healthy budget check out www.HauteSoSweet.com I wanted to go with them for our rehearsal cake but the cost was just too prohibitive since we had such a small group for the rehearsal and the minimum cake size would have been too big for us.

But seriously, check them out because they are able to deliver to Westchester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards