August 2013 Weddings

hey ladies!

My name's Kristen and I'm engaged to my best friend, Matt! I'm 19 and an elementary education student and he is 24 and a middle grades education major graduating in May of this year! I don't have a ring on my finger yet, but we had a formal promise deal where he expressed his desire to spend forever with me blah blah blah. Point is, teachers make poop for salary and student teacher make even less (hehe). He doesnt have the money for a ring ATM and thats okay with me. i dont want to go into debt to physically show everyone on the street i'm engaged everyday. if i'm doing something wedding related i have a $6 ring from Claires i wear to show i'm a bride. i'm probably boring you with this mushy stuff. I tend to ramble a lot...
I'm student teaching and graduating in 2014, and I told Matt that I did NOT want to have to deal with changing my name on my lisencer! So 2013 was decided. Being teachers and having most of our guests from out of town narrowed it down to the summer. We chose August 3,2013 because it is before school starts, and we can celebrate our wedding anniversary and Matt's birthday all in one on annual trips to orlando, fl!! :)
ANYWAY. Nothing besides the honeymoon, 1/2 the photographer (my aunt is doing some, and then another person for ceremony so my aunt can be mostly a guest with a nice camera), and my MOH& BMs and some GM and the BM. SO not really anything! but that's OKAY with me! I went to a wedding show with my mom and one of my BM (who is also engaged and getting married next April) and got lots of ideas of vendors and budget! I now have a lot of "wow i hope i can have this...", but nothing set in stone.
I was surprised that some of the vendors told me they were already booking weekends in 2013!! wow! some women are really on top of things! haha!
I hope to talk to you ladies through our long journey of engagementhood together! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards