New York-Hudson Valley

Dj and photo referral needed?

I hope I'm posting on the right board-getting married April 20 in Westchester and need dj and photo-totally need referrals! Can anyone help me please? I moved out of the area to be with the FH so don't have the luxury of driving around or doing a lot of legwork-thanks!

Re: Dj and photo referral needed?

• prshelleyprshelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using DJ Jimmy Dee and have nothing but great things to say so far. My photographer is Erica Berger and all I can say is AMAZING!!!! You can look at both their websites by googling...HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jimmy Dee is awesome! 

We're using DJ Serg for music & Ricky Restiano for Photography
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Elissa of EID Photography.  Her work is amazing.  And her personality is amazing as well.  I felt completly comfortable with her, which is very important.  I feel like whoever you choose as your photographer you should like their personality as well because you are going to be spending the entire day with them.  I hope this helps.  Happy Planning.
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Bri Swatek - Spinning with Style. He owns the company and HE will be the person at your wedding. He was awesome and also the most affordable DJ I found. Everyone at my wedding raved about him.

Nicole Wagner - Custom by Nicole photography. Her work is amazing. If you're looking for something other than traditional portraits, she's your girl.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-photo-referral-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:18c9a3e3-67c7-4a0d-9b06-f22f874a9b34Post:9b4ea337-ee75-4900-a898-2c6f63be98fb">Re: Dj and photo referral needed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DJ Bri Swatek - Spinning with Style. He owns the company and HE will be the person at your wedding. He was awesome and also the most affordable DJ I found. Everyone at my wedding raved about him. Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

Ditto this!  He was the first wedding vendor I ever met and we just clicked...he had everyone dancing!

Photography I used Majestic Studios....Mark is great to work with and does amazing work
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The DJ Company for your DJ.  I have loved everything so far.  

And Allan Levine Photography for photos, affordabe, super personable!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Jummy Dee for music too! And for photo, Aida Krgin from Krgin Photography - she is amazing! My FI and I were in our best friend's wedding this past June which she shot, and so we got to watch her all day and fell in love with her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhhh thank you all so much! This is a huge help! Xo
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on what you want and your budget.  We're going with a band, but we had a pretty high opinion of Tim Reynolds as a DJ before going in that direction.

For photography, we're using Robert Wayne Photography.  He's based on northwestern NJ but his sample albums showed weddings across the HV.
  • edited December 2011

I highly suggest Elissa Davidson of EID Photography as well.  She is the top of the top in my opinion.  I can't wait to work with her.  Our wedding is 4/28/12 and we booked her 1 1/2yrs in advance to make sure we got her.  She also has someone for video too I think.  Best of luck in your planning :)

• mbrischouxmbrischoux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ:  Scotty on the Air Entertainment - Super reasonable and a really nice guy.  PLus, each couple gets a website to basically plan out their wedding, so you don't have to go through all of the hassle with emails, phone calls, ect. 
    www.scottyontheairentertainment.com

Photographer:  Carin Skinner of Skinner Photography was really awesome!  She's really sweet and her work is fantastic, and the turnaround for photos and thank you cards is really fast.  We'll be working with her on our album next month.
    www.skinnerphotography.com
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-photo-referral-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:18c9a3e3-67c7-4a0d-9b06-f22f874a9b34Post:16416dab-f39a-4660-8143-0c6cd947c480">Re: Dj and photo referral needed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I highly recommend Elissa of EID Photography.  Her work is amazing.  And her personality is amazing as well.  I felt completly comfortable with her, which is very important.  I feel like whoever you choose as your photographer you should like their personality as well because you are going to be spending the entire day with them.  I hope this helps.  Happy Planning.
    Posted by Ally5689[/QUOTE]

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS!! I think that a connection with almost any vendor, ESPECIALLY your photographer, is important because then you're on the same wavelength and the vendor can anticipate certain things. I think comfort and personality fit with a photographer is especially important because they're going to be with you from the morning you're getting ready till the last of the guests are leaving (well maybe not that long) but Elissa from EID would definitely be there till the end. She told me a story about how she stayed with a bride and groom into their after party and took pics of the bride on the black marble floor of the hotel!!! She's really great! She's fun, bubble, creative, and if you give her open creativity she can do a lot. I can't wait to do my engagement session with her! Ricky Restiano from a PP is really expensive! I wanted him badly when I first met him and then I saw that everything that I was getting with EID was almost triple the price. He's around 10k for him and a second person for like 9hrs of coverage and an album and an engagement session... just saying because idk what your price range is and I wouldn't want you to be like me and get so excited about someone and then not be able to get them... but all's well that ends well and I have a fantastic photographer that I'm super excited about working with. And she gives you a TON of recommended vendors who will also work with you on budget!!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-photo-referral-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:18c9a3e3-67c7-4a0d-9b06-f22f874a9b34Post:4f5f8212-8a21-43ae-afba-4f93d80db510">Re: Dj and photo referral needed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I highly suggest Elissa Davidson of EID Photography as well.  She is the top of the top in my opinion.  I can't wait to work with her.  Our wedding is 4/28/12 and we booked her 1 1/2yrs in advance to make sure we got her.  She also has someone for video too I think.  Best of luck in your planning :)
    Posted by lep9977[/QUOTE]

She does work with a videographer! I am actually using her videographer because I got an amazing price for a lot included. I wasn't going to do a videographer and my FI was against it but I decided it would be nice to have for future stuff so I was trying to find someone within a really tight budget and was able to do it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank-  Im finding this process a little tough b/c we are trying to stick within a conservative budget....djs especially worry me, they basically make or break your party so I wouldnt want to skimp but again, budget is key.  I looked at Ricksy site=amazing..then the price..wowza!  Beyond what I can do but oh well.

Hey ladies- in regards to floral...to be honest I dont care about flowers all that much and want to try and save some money there but my venue gives a list of require florists to choose from.  Anyone be very budget friendly with their flowers and if so, how?!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Red Sweatshirt Photography. Our friends used him and our friends of friends. Affordable, talented and a great guy. http://www.theredsweatshirt.com Check him out.
    Just Married Photo
  • edited December 2011
    Try Lucille's Floral.  She is far less expensive then the 4 other florists I saw.  And it was for the same things other florists were going to do.  I highly recommend her.  PM or e-mail me if you have any questions as far as pricing and such.  My e-mail is Ally5689@hotmaill.com.  Just put The Knot as your subject so I know not to delete it. Happy Planning!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the same way with flowers... I'm not all about them but I still want something classic and elegant in a VERY tight budget.  My suggestion... the simpler you do, the better your prices are going to be.  I am going to look at Lucille's because she quoted me less than others did when I aws at the Grandview Bridal show and I'll also be meeting with David Anthony Flowers. 

Sucks about ricky restiano, I felt the same way!  I wish I could have had him... maybe in the future for a vow renewal haha.  But DJs.... Id check out don't stop the music... I got the recommendation from Elissa at EID actually.  I'm meeting with dj's later this upcoming week, 3 possibly, so if you want more details on what I find out, send me a PM and I can get back to you.  I'm trying to spend as little money as possible while still having an amazing wedding so I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck for certain areas (like video, flowers, dj)... I didnt want to skimp too much on the reception/food and the photography so I splurged in those areas.  GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    sent you a private message
  • edited December 2011
    DJ O - 570-677-3187
    State of the art lighting
    over 100,000 songs - if he doesnt have it he wil get it
    digital music system
    multiple system set up if needed for ceremony in different place
    wireless mic
    assistant DJ if wanted
    100% professional(comes dressed in a full tux)
    personally went over music request lists, special dances, intos, ect. Gives a lot of feedback if you get stuck on music
    Works with the venue for all timing (dinner, cake cutting ect)
  • hollywould127hollywould127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Candlelight wedding photography! They have 6 photographers to pick from and are reasonably priced!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards