New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Barn Wedding reviews??

Hi, I wrote a post a little while back asking for help to find the perfect venue for the barn wedding I have in my mind, haha! I went over the weekend to look at my favorite so far and was sadly disappointed by how it didn't live up to the picture on their website.

I am interested to know if anyone has ever been to or had their wedding at Shadow Lawn in High Falls, NY http://www.shadowlawnny.com/  Circa 1799 Barn in Arcramdale, NY http://circa1799.com/index.html? Any sort of reviews would be VERY helpful!! 
THANKS!!

Re: Barn Wedding reviews??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go to Jersey check out Perona Farms.  It has a barn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nj is a possibility. have you been there? the pics on the website almost seem like a banquet hall...is this another building on the property? thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure but I'd say give them a call and ask if you could use the barn itself.  I know people who have been and have good things to say.    Also, post on the Jersey board as someone may have other barn suggestions.
  • Options
    emeraldlover1emeraldlover1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Blue Hill Stone Barns?  Also, Shadow Lawn is supposed to be amazing.  My event designers do a lot of weddings there and they rave about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i actually live very close to stone barns and it would be my DREAM to have my wedding there but for between 30 and 65,000 dollars its not even close to being in my budget.
    do you have any idea on the pricing for shadow lawn?? i've sent them an email a few days ago and whenever i try calling the phone seems to disconnect? does anyone know whats going on there??
  • Options
    Kris&SeanKris&Sean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering if you ever head back from Shadow Lawn re: pricing. i just sent them an email for my Fall 2011 wedding and am curious to know what they run, as well as what services they offer (or if you bring everything in yourself or through a coordinator). I really love the look of it from the pics I've seen.
  • Options
    phoebe77phoebe77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shadow Lawn is beautiful, but I'm biased -- our wedding will be there in two weeks! Not sure of their current rates. You have to bring everything in -- down to each trash can and the bathrooms. You can work with a coordinator of your choice (the venue does not proviide one, although Dan is a great resource!) or the caterer you use may know a lot. It really is so beautiful there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    circa is beauiful but far and booked up until 2012..
    shadow lawn ive yet to see in person
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards