August 2013 Weddings

Exciting dress news

I went on my first dress shopping adventure two weeks ago with my mom and two sisters. I tried on about nine dresses and narrowed it down to one that I really loved, but it was a few hundred dollars above my budget. I decided to keep looking, especially since that was my first time looking at dresses. My sister casually mentioned that I should try to find a picture of her friend who is actually our photographers wife because she thought the dress was very similar, and I might be able to ask her where she got hers. Well I found a picture of their wedding, and funny enough, it the SAME EXACT DRESS. Color and everything. My sister asked her if she would be willing to let me borrow or buy the dress from her, and she said that she would be happy to let me borrow it at no cost, as long as I had it cleaned and didn't make any alterations. We are very similar size and build, so there is a chance that it will fit me without alterations.

Our photographer is going to bring the dress with him to our engagement pictures next week so that I can bring it home to try on. I'm excited at the prospect of getting my dream dress for free, but I'm going to be a little disappointed if it doesn't fit. I know it's a long shot that the dress will fit without any alterations, but I can hope!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Exciting dress news

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards