New York-Hudson Valley

wedding gifts

what did you get your fi/dh for your wedding day. g is very into wwe \wrestling and working out... i was thinking of paying for a year subsripition to wwe on demand.. we had it and then i made it him switch to verizon and now we couldnt afford it... help!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>

Re: wedding gifts

• edited December 2011
    I'm no help, we didnt do wedding gifts.  We spent alot on our HM and we bought a house.  I just gave him a card and wrote a note on the inside.   You must be getting so excited!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Just bought my FI the Omega James Bond watch he has been talking about for a couple of years.  So excited!  I looked around for prices for awhile and finally haggled with someone in Tourneau. I really want to see him open it, but will probably have his brother (BM) give it to him the day of the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made him an emergency kit, a watch, a pair of boxers that say "I <3 Jaimie", picture cufflinks, and bpics
  • edited December 2011
    I gave N a SkyCaddie which is some golf GPS thing he wanted. 
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we got engaged I got him an Omega Watch, so we decided not to do wedding gifts since we were spending alot on the wedding and paying for it ourselves.
    But we did decided that after the wedding we would buy something for us, and the day we got home from our honeymoon we bought a 55 inch LED 3D tv =)

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do wedding gifts. We had people deliver cards for us the day of the wedding, and his card was better than any gift he could have gotten me. We also bought a house a few months before the wedding and did plenty of excursions on the honeymoon in lieu of gifts.
    imageimageimage
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

we did not do gifts either

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:1e0ca770-9664-4d73-b0d8-0dcb98f21cf7Post:7320c459-215b-4e8b-9ff3-8651de10d827">Re: wedding gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we got engaged I got him an Omega Watch, so we decided not to do wedding gifts since we were spending alot on the wedding and paying for it ourselves. But we did decided that after the wedding we would buy something for us, and the day we got home from our honeymoon we bought a 55 inch LED 3D tv =)
    Posted by Midgette[/QUOTE]

Tina- the day after we got home from the HM. we bought a 55 inch LED Tv too!! Hubby has been begging for one and I promised him after the wedding we would get it!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    FI liked a diamond wedding band, but did not want it for his every day band. He chose a simpler band. I am going to buy him the diamond band so he has both and can wear whatever one he wants depending on if we are going out or if he is going to work. This is the only thing I have come up with so far.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:1e0ca770-9664-4d73-b0d8-0dcb98f21cf7Post:1d4bb5cc-8e8c-4260-b406-6296cda47b54">Re: wedding gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding gifts : Tina- the day after we got home from the HM. we bought a 55 inch LED Tv too!! Hubby has been begging for one and I promised him after the wedding we would get it!
    Posted by chrisnjay2010[/QUOTE]

If you want to do this, let me know!!!! I can try to hook it up! I never reach all my friends/family product limits and we won't be upgrading until 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    We are also foregoing the gifts, as we would rather spend the money on honeymoon.  We are also moving into a new apartment a few weeks after the wedding, so we just bought a new couch too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    No gifts for us either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards