New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Need Photography recommendations

We've met with a few photographers but still haven't found someone that is it....either their packages are not stuff we want, they have tons of extra fees, the pictures are less than stellar or the photographer himself is too strange and not someone I'd want to be with on my wedding day.

We would like a team of 2 photographers, for about 8 hours.  Ideally the package would give us high resolution pictures but would not include albums or a ton of extras.  We'd like to keep it under $4000.

We live in NYC, but we're getting married at The Garrison.  Would meet with a photographer in either place and don't mind paying a travel fee as long as it is reasonable.  Does anyone have a photographer they can highly recommend?

Re: Need Photography recommendations

• Options
    blueskyphotographyny.com/?splash=1

Steve is great and so much fun! Hes extremely creative and easy to work with
  • Options
    I am using Photography By Alfonso. He is based out of White Plains NY. We are paying more than your budgeted price but our package includes photo AND video. He did our engagement photo session and got us our proofs in ample time so I was able to use them for our Save The Dates. I met with 7 photographers before I found him so I think its safe to say I am a little picky! I wanted someone that had a great personality as well as amazing pictures! If I couldn't stand to be around them for the entire day, why would I want them to take pictures on my wedding day? I loved him as soon as we met him and I booked him right away! He did customize our package because I didn't want the parent albums or the actual proofs, I wanted everything on a disk. Every photographer that I did meet with was willing to customize our package, so if they don't have what you are looking for, I am sure you can request it! Good Luck!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I used Mark and his team at Majestic Studios...they were wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We are using Peter Oberc.  His packages are great b/c they are a la carte, so you can pick and choose what you want to keep it in budget.  We are paying way less than your budget.  He is very popular in westchester and takes great photos!
  • Options
    I'm using Aida from Krgin Photography. She's amazing and you can get an assistant too ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ricky Restiano and his team.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I would recommend Jean Kallina at www.hudsonvalleyphoto.com who photographed our wedding and we loved her. Her work is amazing and she always gets great reviews. I think she will be in your budjet. Jen
  • Options
    We are using Digital Weddings out of Fishkill.

http://digital-weddings.com/

Our photography was right around your budget and we also added there videography package.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    We just booked Te Cache photography out of Wappingers Falls this week! Very reasonable packages and a great portfolio. www.tecachephotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Carin Skinner of Skinner Photography
    www.skinnerphotgraphy.com
  • Options
    Def. custom by Nicole photography. Check out her FB page and website. 9 hours of her time, high resolution 3,200. Love her work!! She lives in matamoros PA but always is traveling to the Hudson valley I believe she will travel 60 miles from her zip code BEFORE she charges a traveling fee.
  • Options
    Arielle Doneson Photography. I got married at The Garrison two weeks ago and she was fantastic. Her photos speak for themselves. She's incredibly talented. She also shot our engagement shoot, which was featured on Merci New York. She is based out of both Ohio and NYC. She gives you all of the images. We weren't interested in albums or extras either.  

• Options
    I love Claudia, here website is www.fabuluxephotos.com  She did my boudoir pictures and I had a great experience.

abc
  • Options
    I'm using Mary Brunst Photography-   http://www.marybrunst.com/

But I am also a Wedding and Portrait photographer myself. I'm located in the Hudson Valley. You can check out my work at https://www.facebook.com/LaurenEvansPhotography
  • Options
    we are using allan levine photography. we are paying a total of 3,700 with tax and we are getting 2 photographers for 12 hours and a huge album, rights to our High resolution photos, engagement shoot, thank you cards and a cd of all pictures, 500 dollars of printed photos and the right to reprint photos.
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    We like Angela Cappetta out of Manhattan. http://www.angelacappetta.com
  • Options
    Seconding Jean Kallina.  She was absolutely wonderful.  
  • Options
    Right now, I'm looking between two photographers:
    (1) Nick Carter Photography - New Rochelle
    (2) RTH Event Group - Nyack

I met with the following and didn't like: 
    (1) Fantasy Flash - Quality did not match the price
    (2) Rick Helman - Great Quality WAY OUT of our budget ($4,000)
    (3) Christophers Studios - same as Rick ($4,500)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards