New York-Hudson Valley

In Need of Reviews!

Hey Ladies...
I've gone through the forums and am looking for some guidance..  I'd like to book a dj and a florist by the end of the month and just went to the Grandview Bridal Show last night so I've got a good idea of people who I'd like ot look into but as always... recommendations are always better than anything!

These are the ones that I was considering so if anyone has any feedback, please please please let me know!!!!

Enriquez Entertainment
DJ Bill Beale
Next Generation DJ
Don't Stop the Music Entertainment

Floral Bliss
David Anthony Flowers
Lucille's Floral

Please please please and thank you thank you thank you!!!
-Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In Need of Reviews!

• edited December 2011

We hired Next Generation as our DJ ! we really like working with Sonny! They are very professional and easy to work with. My coworker used them for her wedding last Sept and loved them!

Our wedding is in 3 weeks but we are actually going to a wedding tomorrow where they will also be DJing!

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Next Generation Entertainment for her wedding and she had a great experience with them until the night of the wedding. My friend's husband accidentally mixed up the envelopes & gave the limo company the DJ's envelope. They didn't realize that this happened until it was time to pay the DJ & when they gave them the envelope they realized that they had the wrong one. They told the DJ that they'd give them the money right after the wedding but they wanted it right then and there, or else they threatened to stop playing. Luckily, my friend's photographer lived nearby so she went home, got the money, gave it to the DJ and then my friend gave the photographer the money at the end of the night.

Don't get me wrong, the music was great and I never would have known about this incident unless my friend told me. I had wanted to look at them for my own wedding but when I asked my friend about them she told me what happened and said that she wouldn't feel comfortable giving them a recommendation b/c of how they handled things that night.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into Enriquez Entertainment but went with someone else.  HOWEVER, he was my second choice I just ended up bonding with him more.  I know he used to be a former K104 dj.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Lucille's floral.  She is recomended by other brides on here as well as some of my other vendors and my venue.  I love her and her work.  I have awesome feelings about her, and I usually don't have awesome feelings about much.
  • tally7tally7 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Don't Stop The Music in about three weeks so far really easy to work with -
  • sarafina1sarafina1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister Rosetta and  my Cousin used Rosemary Flower Shop in Wappingers Falls.
    They were great help, excellent service beautiful and The designs were excellent.
     They both got many compliments. They will be doing my wedding.
    sarafina
  • edited December 2011

I am using David Anthony and so far they have been amazing. I have seen their stuff for someone else as well and it was amazing! Best of luck!!

• PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tally...  how were the prices for DSTM??  We're meeting with them next week and I was wondering if they'd be in my budget.

kaf ....  great to hear!  I am meeting with David at the end of next week as well!  I can't wait. I met him at the grandview bridal show because him and my photographer (who I really connected with) are friends and she recommended him like crazy and his pieces were amazing at the bridal show!!

I'll also be meeting with the DJ Company and I think I may make an appt to Lucille's Flowers as well.  I want to have a few options at least.  I lucked out and one of my bridesmaids sisters is a florist but in PA so she can't do the wedding but I can talk to her about whether I'm getting ripped off or not! 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a couple of reviews but they are from a few years ago...

-Don't stop the music- I have actually used them for cheerleading competitions, and they were great!! (I am a HS cheer coach).  I have seen them at weddings a few years ago and they have this obnoxious big sign that says "don't stop the music" that was in the front of their booth.  If they still use this, I would definitely demand that they do not put it up.. it seriously so ugly.

-Next Generation DJ- My bff used them for her wedding.  They were great during the wedding, but prior to that point they were debateable.  They didn't show up for a scheduled appointment with her, and the DAY of the wedding, they called her and told her that her CD of pictures (to be played on the LCD screens) didn't work.  So she freaked out, and scrambled to get pictures on a CD to give to the DJ when we got to the venue.  It was definitely unneccessary stress that could have been avoided if they didn't wait until the last minute to check out.  Even given all of that, I looked into them for my wedding, figured I would give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was a fluke.  I emailed them twice and they NEVER responded to me!!  I moved on.  OH, I totally forgot!!  We tried to use them for one of our cheer competitions, too.  They responded and said no problem they could do it.  Then we couldn't get in touch with them to iron out the details.  We ended up going with "Dont Stop the Music", and at the last minute Next Generation finally got back in touch and wanted to know if we were all set... ummm... no??

-DJ Company- I know this wasn't one of your original vendors on the list, but in your last post you mentioned them.  I have a mixed review.  I used them for uplighting at my wedding, and they were amazing!!  I couldn't say one bad thing about them.  Ryan was a gem to work with.  SO, I hired them for a cheerleading comp (god, i have a lot of those!! lol).  It was AWFUL!!  The short of the long story is that they were an hour late and when I CALLED THEM, the DJ swore that he had a flat tire... likely story... he ended up showing up AFTER the event started and his equipment kept failing.  It was so embarrassing.  He was very nice and extremely apologetic, but that of course did not make up for the lack of professionalism from the beginning and my embarrassment.  We had originally booked them for 2 comps that were only about 3 weeks apart from one another (to get a better price), but after that fiasco, we cancelled and used Dont Stop the Music (we had used them before, but I convinced everyone to use The DJ Company because they did such a good job at my wedding).  So, who knows.. maybe this was a one-off issue?  I would like to think so, because they were so wonderful to work with prior to this.

GL, hope some of that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • tally7tally7 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi as far as cost like everything else it depends on the package - if you have an MC/lights/if they are there during cocktail hour - so they have a bunch of different options

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards