New York-Hudson Valley
Options

bear mountain

hi everyone! i was wondering if anyone who has had their wedding at bear mountain could share their thoughts experiences. i'm considering the venue and i'm looking for some feedback. thanks in advance! !Smile

Re: bear mountain

• Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They never got back to me when I tried to get information!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    edited December 2011
    I was up there before Christmas and work was completely halted,and there was so much work to still be done.  They have been working on the lodge for over five years, maybe longer.  I also say the permit on the door and it expired Dec 31.  So I would look at other options, maybe think about Overlook, it is a rustic feel.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes the inn is still under construction, when i inquired they said possibly June/July and i'm not going to be getting married until october 2012. i am considering the lodge, sorry i should have mentioned that. i do like the rustic feel and the cottages and rooms have all been remodeled. i'm hoping that the inn does get finished so i could have that as an option too.

i'm surprised you didn't hear back from them, they've been great with getting back to me within 3-4 hours after i contact them...did you send an email or call?

thanks!
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    edited December 2011
    One thing about this from me. I live very close to bear mountain. When I was a senior in high school, we tried to have our prom there. They kept saying it would be done, months pass and they go over the deadline and we get stuck in the Overlook lodge; which is very tiny and not updated at all. This was 2006 and they still aren't done so I wouldn't bank on them saying that they'll be done and having it be true.

Jaimie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hollowbrook Golf Club is in that general are and also has a rustic feel. (And the coordinator is so nice!)
  • Options
    ReginaB13ReginaB13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dream was to have mine at the Inn, but the renovations just keep getting pushed off again and again. I'd be worried that it wouldn't be done, despite what they say. There's the other lodge there, and while I like "rustic" to some extent, that was a little too rustic for my wedding day. beautiful, but not what I was looking for personally. I think if you book the Inn and it isn't ready, they offer you that site as an alternate, but.... Not for me.

Good luck. And hopefully it is done soon, because I think it will be beautiful  if it's ever finished.

Regina
  • Options
    mystinamariemystinamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are three venues at Bear Mountain.

The Inn - which is under construction. It keeps getting halted b/c they are a state park and must rely on state funding. Their new date is sometime this summer, but I would be weary to believe that.

The Overlook Lodge - a large room with a dance floor - windows all on one side. Pretty much what you expect when you think wedding venue.

The Merry-go-round Pavilion - across the field from the inn. Smaller (only 100 guests), but pretty spacious inside w/ a merry go round.

I'm booked for Dec. 2011 at the merry go round. My mom and I went up in January and spent the day walking around the grounds and meeting with Ann Marie, the wedding coordinator there. She is really sweet and helpful.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards