New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Intro & New Paltz Ideas

Hi all, I'm somewhat new to these boards, so I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Stephanie, and I live in New Paltz. My FH and I are eco-conscious and our wedding date is planned for Earth Day next year (April 22nd). I've enjoyed reading a lot of the local advice/reviews on here; they've been very helpful.

We are still deciding on a venue (hoping to have the ceremony and reception in the same place). We are looking at Minnewaska Lodge and Mohonk Mountain House (they're offering a MUCH lower price for smaller weddings). We are looking for an "earthy" feel, and are open to offbeat locations (such as a restaurant, B&B or park). We're going to be inviting about 50-60 people.

If anyone has any ideas for or experiences with weddings in New Paltz, I'd love to hear them! TIA!
Honeymoon Siggy Challenge: Cruisin' Alaska!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
image 83 image 46 image 22

Re: Intro & New Paltz Ideas

• Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Mohonk for my wedding but for the price (at least for a 100+ppl wedding) it was totally not worth it (the amount of food and alcohol included was very minimal) in my opinion.  I also felt like it would be a huge headache finding good hotels nearby and then transporting everyone to Mohonk (since no one would be able to afford their room rates).  I went to college in New Paltz and although I love it is really lacking in good hotels!  Not sure if you have a lot of out of town guests but that was a big concern for me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards