New York-Hudson Valley
Options

...Marina Del Rey... thoughts?

Hello Ladies! 
  I've recently gotten engaged and am looking at venue locations for my reception.  I'm looking for thoughts on Marina Del Rey in the Bronx.  Location, venue, service, food, bang for the buck.  All of it.  If anyone has an opinion... I'd love to hear it.  Thanks!  -Je
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ...Marina Del Rey... thoughts?

• Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my parents went to a wedding at marina del ray and loved it.  we looked there too but decided on another venue. its really affordable. the only downside is that the bathroom is unbelieveably small. i dont know how any brides fit in there with their dresses.  super beautiful views
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Never been there. But wanted to say Congratulations on your engagement!

• Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to an event there and the food was pretty good... my office will be using them for our events now so I'll keep you updated on how they go if you decide to go with them
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Marina does a nice wedding.  They have a beautiful view, food is good, cocktail hour is good and pricing is reasonable.  The only reason we didn't choose it was because three of my cousins had gotten married there and I wanted to do something different.  Good luck with you planning and congratulations on your engagement. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kfsped23kfsped23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marina Del Rey is great!  We have our wedding  booked there for next July :)  There are 7 choices of an entree, an hour and a half cocktail, great views for pics!  The price was VERY reasonable!  Includes a lot. Having a good experience there thus far !  Good Luck!
  • Options
    lightningrodlightningrod member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very Bad Service! They serve 1 table at a time, Bride and Groom get lost, lousy set up the entire wedding room looked empty. Nice views is all they have. Food is mediocre. Why would you want 7 choices of an entree? This makes it harder for them to get it right and cook a nice dish. 7 entrees gets you lost they already serve you a salad, pasta which you will be filled then a choice of 7 entrees? Too much not worth it.  I would keep looking elsewhere. This place made their money a million times over and is skimping out on service and client satisfaction. This place is unlike other venues that have 1 waiter per table. Who wants to have lines at the bar in the middle of your wedding? The price you can find cheaper for better food, service.
  • Options
    dynamicsoundsdynamicsounds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married at Marina del Rey this past Friday, May 7th 2010.  Let me just say - WOW.  After having our wedding there, I do not understand why ANYBODY would plan a wedding at Villa Barone, Surf Club, VIP, or anywhere else for that matter. We had 230 guests and we could not stop hearing people tell us "This is the most incredible wedding I've ever been to" or "This is just over the top" - I see some posts about people being concerned about a small bathroom??  That should be the least of your concerns. You should be focused on which venue provides the best food, the best service, and the most consistency. We were treated like gold from the moment we inquired with Marina to the moment we said goodbye after our reception. Their staff paid attention to the smallest details, which many of our guests noticed and commented on --  their food is second to none, the viennese hour was the most rediculously incredible thing i've ever seen, and my guests could not stop RAVING about it.   The views of the Long Island Sound, the ambiance of the rooms, OMG  it was just amazing. I can't stop smiling when I speak of the place.  And, the GENIUS of it is, that their prices are the lowest you'll find ANYWHERE around here ... and none of the guests will know because the wedding they put on there looks like it cost $300+ pp  when meanwhile it was well under the $200 mark. Food, food, more food, more food, etc. Your guests willl be talking about your wedding for years to come if you choose Marina, I can't say enough good things.  I wish everyone would get married there!!!!   Call and make an appointment with Tori who will walk you through the place ... and ask for Joe Savino as your Matre'D (sp)  .. he treated us like family from start to finish.  Simply incredible.  GOOD LUCK!!! and congrats :)    and PLEASE call them -and at least go see the place  you won't be disappointed. 
  • Options
    lightningrodlightningrod member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday will be cheaper anywhere. Villa Barone is inexpensive and you get soo much high quality food white glove service and their vienese hour is entertaining http://www.villabaronehilltop.com/weddingtour/weddingtour.html take a look for yourself. They just completed renovations to the rooms, as well as outdoor views, waterfalls, fountain, "waterfront" park which is on their property which is grogeous. The best thing to do is take a ride and shop around you will see the difference. Let us know on your thoughts when you set up an apt and visit them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked there for next fall!  I had some issues with the date and the customer service was lacking, but I hope it turns out for the best because it really seems like a beautiful venue for a wedding!  Good Luck!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards