New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Officiant

Has anyone used Hudson Valley Ceremonies, for an officiant. I am trying to find an officiant to marry my fiance and I!!!!!! I am getting married at Dutchess Manor. Any recommendations for this area? Thanks!!!

Re: Officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rev David James ..... www.wedrev.com
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use HV Ceremonies, but I second  Rev David James. He officiated our June wedding and was awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi! Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the Hudson Valley board! 

Someone else asked about officiants a few days ago. You might want to check that post out.

Anyway, what I wrote to them:

Check out:
    http://www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com/goods/clergy.htm

Also, Rev David James and Fr. Rich Hasselbeck get mentioned on here a lot!

Good luck! Hope you find someone that you (and FI) like!

Also, most vendors will travel, so officiants recommended on this board will likely travel to Dutchess, Ulster, Rockland and Westchester.

• Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Hudson Valley Ceremonies and we are getting married by Rev. Stuart.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_officiant-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2a9738c2-67c6-4d11-88a6-a41e4c2c3fd9Post:cfb8b040-d099-4315-88a1-41a339911313">Re: Officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Hudson Valley Ceremonies and we are getting married by Rev. Stuart.
    Posted by wdubin122[/QUOTE]

Ditto to this!  We love Rev Stu.  Can't wait for our ceremony! Meet with him, guarantee you will love him!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, HV Ceremonies is great! Call them - Jeanne Stark is sooo nice. We are using Rev. Stuart. We met with him over the summer for coffee for over an hour and he is awesome! We are using him!

*Side note: Kristen I cannot belive another thing: we are both using Rev Stuart haaa!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am totally going to check out Rev. Stuart, and Rev. David James! Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeanne Stark from HV Ceremonies is marrying my FI and I. She's really nice and easy to work with. She almost always responds to emails immediately and she met with us for over an hour. We are also in the process of ordering our invitations through her. If you book an officiant with HV ceremonies you get 50% off an invitation package. We met with Jeanne one Friday night for over 3 hours to look through invitations. She was awesome; totally patient and accommodating.
    Good luck,
    Shari
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thats REALLY good to know! Thank you!! I checked out HVC and set up a meeting for Rev. Stuart, and Rev. Niaomi Fay. I think they are reasonable with the pricing. I am most likely going to do the package for $350. I have searched other officiants and was qouted $500+.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards