New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Don't know what to do? Vent...

Hi Ladies - Sorry it's a bit long...

I don't know what to do? It has to do with my wedding invitations. I went through this stationer my friend recco'd to me. We went in Septmember to pick out these invites to get it out of the way. The stationer suggested I not wait too long to order them. So we tweaked and tweaked the invites until it was the way we wanted it.

So I get it together, sent her my excel guest list. Mind you there was a lot of back & forth in terms of tweaking the invites since October!!!

2 weeks ago I email her saying let's do this. I get an email back saying she is in a dispute with the company that was doing our invitations. She said she needs to look into other thermographers. I said ok.

Once again, I follow up w/ her yesterday to find out if she heard back from the 2 thermagraphers she was getting quotes from? I'm kind of tired of the constant follow up I need to do with her.

She's stuck in Florida because of the weather but tells me she will have an answer for me by the end of the week. Ok then ....She tells me I have enough time my questions is then why the F did you suggest I order my invites by end of year??? arrghhh 

Anyway, I'm trying to be patient since my friend had recco'd her. Thus far anything my friend recco'd has been great. That said, at the end of her email she said to me....I'm afraid you're going to go into sticker shock from the possible price quotes because we're using 3 colors. Black, pink & white. Mind you there is nothing spectacular with these invites. It's just the coloring I wanted to get right.

So my head slowly began to blow off my shoulders. My FI said well she needs to fix this. SHE was the one who suggested we go through this other company....all of a sudden their not reliable and now I feel like all this time spent was pointless.

If you were me would you just go to another stationer and see what they can do?
My whole reason for doing this early was because I wanted to be ahead of the curve...be done with it and move onto other things. Plus, per her suggestion have this done by the end of the year. Well here we are at the end of the year and I've got nothng ordered and no clue how much this is going to cost us now?!

Do I look at this as a little bump in my wedding planning and see what she comes back with? Or look into someone else? I'm pissed because these really are basic invitations & the reason we chose these invites was beause the inside envelope was a cloth type envelope - it was cool and different. At this point we're not even getting that!!!!

If you were me what would you do?

As always thanks so much for your help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Don't know what to do? Vent...

• Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's annoying! I say wait to see the quote and if it's not something you are comfortable paying then talk to someone else. You still have time to be picky. (I don't know who you are using but I used Impressive Invites, they were good)
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally would go with someone else.

Our wedding was June 5 this year and we placed the order with

www.theamericanwedding.com

on Feb 2. about 4 months in advance. And I was late ordering.Thankfully, I already knew the design and had the wording figured. (Also, I ordered a different response than the one that comes with the invitation)

And they said most orders ship within 2 weeks. But by knot standards I was still late. If you order next week, you will be at the same time I was, and I completely trusted the company I was dealing with.

I would not wait to order. You can still get great invites, but depending on how personalized the service, you ARE cutting it close in terms of time.

Think of it this way, you have to have all your invites assembled, mailed and addressed and stamped to go out by March 7.

So you have a little over two months to find invites, order, and wait for them to be finished. (and the processing and shipping can take some time)

Get moving on it!

Good luck!
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies...I really appreciate your input & feedback.
    I'm going to check out the places you suggested.

In the meantime, I sent the stationer an email to let her know how dissatisfied I was with the way she's handled things. Onward and upward. Maybe she'll come back with an awesome deal? As for now I'm but onto plan B.

Thanks again for your help.

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also check out Linda Zec's Invitations4sale.com. I learned about her from other knotties; her high recs are deserved.  I would switch vendors in your case.  Imagine the headache if they print and there's a problem?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used 1st class wedding invitations.com.  They were great service!  I ordered my invites in mid july, they came about one week-10days later and my wedding was in October!  I admittedly ordered them late but the turnaround was great...they were wonderful to work with and they had a great price on the design i loved.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph and Mrsredmoose :-)  I'll add your recco's to my list.

Steph how's the babbbbbyyyyyy? Christmas must've been awesome!
    Hope you have a healthy & happy New Year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently working with Jeanne Stark. She owns Hudson Valley Ceremonies. She has a nice selection of invitations and is very easy to work with.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards