New York-Hudson Valley
Options

If you paid for your wedding....

Did you give gifts to both sets of parents?

We plan on giving our parents a wedding album, but weren't sure if we should also get them a gift.

Thanks!

Re: If you paid for your wedding....

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes we did give our parents gifts. We gave my parents a photo album and a gift certificate to a nice restaurant near them that they would never go to on their own. We gave my ILs a gift certificate to a bed and breakfast website so that they could pick a B&B they wanted to go to.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to piggyback on this thread, if that's okay, and ask what other couples got their parents as gifts.  I'd love to hear all the ideas.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we got our parents a double frame that had our wedding invite engraved on one side and a 5x7 spot on the other. I gave them the 5x7 once the photos were ready. My parent albums were included in the photography package so they got those as well
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid for 100% of our wedding and rehearsal dinner.

We did not get either mother gifts (both fathers are deceased).  We did later give pictures but no official album.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! All sets of parents (mine are divorced, so there are 3 sets) will be getting albums, and unfortunately for me, parent albums are NOT included. Maybe we'll give them a really nice card and let them know that an album will be coming. I also like the idea of the B&B. FI's parents NEVER travel and have always wanted to go to Niagara Falls. Maybe we can get them a room up there and then they'll have to go!
    Thanks for the input  :)
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_paid-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2c83d47c-3993-4fd5-95da-ec5545dd5591Post:2a1499e6-d735-4c3e-b89a-afc5c79abab0">Re: If you paid for your wedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all! All sets of parents (mine are divorced, so there are 3 sets) will be getting albums, and unfortunately for me, parent albums are NOT included. Maybe we'll give them a really nice card and let them know that an album will be coming. I also like the idea of the B&B. FI's parents NEVER travel and have always wanted to go to Niagara Falls. Maybe we can get them a room up there and then they'll have to go! Thanks for the input  :)
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

Are you buying the rights to your photos?  Because, you could make really nice albums with my publisher, etc and it would save you some money!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you buying the rights to your photos?  Because, you could make really nice albums with my publisher, etc and it would save you some money!

We will be getting a CD with all our photos and have full rights to them. We don't have to buy it, it's part of the package  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Their gifts were the parent albums.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards