New York-Hudson Valley

adding on to the Save the date question...

What do you think about photo v. non-photo save the date?  Anyone have any ideas for something "different"?

Re: adding on to the Save the date question...

• edited December 2011
    its really your preference,  we didn't want to do a photo, we did a monogram instead.
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted something v. inexpensive and simple.  Just made cards (looked like postcards but they went in an envelope) with no picture on Vistaprint. 
  • edited December 2011
    I liked the photo save the dates, but didn't like them for us. I felt at 34 and 39 (our ages when the STDs were made) that we weren't cute for someone's fridge. But, I did like the picture of the bride and groom idea.

So we used the plain bride and groom silhouette cards from Magnet Street. (I just looked now and couldn't find the plain ones, only military)

But as pp said, it really is your preference. As long as it lets the guests know the date, its done it's job!

(And, your guests aren't going to care one way or another. "To picture or not picture' is only something brides-to-be worry about! lol!)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_adding-save-date-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:33c4ccb4-3f1c-49cc-91ec-43bea8ea1b86Post:db5be2ab-fbf1-481c-a8ca-0c9dfd9fc30c">Re: adding on to the Save the date question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I liked the photo save the dates, but didn't like them for us. I felt at 34 and 39 (our ages when the STDs were made) that we weren't cute for someone's fridge. But, I did like the picture of the bride and groom idea. So we used the plain bride and groom silhouette cards from Magnet Street. (I just looked now and couldn't find the plain ones, only military) But as pp said, it really is your preference. As long as it lets the guests know the date, its done it's job!
    Posted by TerriandJoe[/QUOTE]

Terri-that's what we used too for our STD's :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_adding-save-date-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:33c4ccb4-3f1c-49cc-91ec-43bea8ea1b86Post:a6912b92-7780-4a1a-be09-ae1bb68a5a7e">Re: adding on to the Save the date question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: adding on to the Save the date question... : Terri-that's what we used too for our STD's :)
    Posted by TrishCapp611[/QUOTE]

Don't you just love that design!!!! It was the perfect compromise!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is totally your preference!

We didn't do epics and really had only a small number of pics of us together...plus i found a beautiful fall foliage photo on the internet and used that on vistaprint....everyone loved it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted something simple, but it's really just personal preference. This is what we went with.

http://www.foreverfavors.cceasy.com/CasPage1B.cfm?sEnsembleCode=CasEns03205&page=1&format=STDCasEnsDT26&strcontinue=yes&strsearch=no
  • edited December 2011
    neither one of us liked the photo idea so we actually did a scratch-off ticket style of std. it just said that we're getting married and the town, then you scratched off the silver hearts to reveal the date. 
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a fall foliage pic, similar to ssage, but it is similar to what the view from our venue will look like.  I felt like it was a little presumtious to assume that everyone would want to have a picture of us on their fridge, especially friends (we are doing a magnet).  But some people love the e-pic ones so it's really up to your personal preference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a photo save the date for close friends and family who I knew wouldn't mind and would actually love a pic of us...as for the non close friends or bosses that I didn't want my mug hanging on theri frige they just got a magnet similar to the one I sent out w/ the pic but all it had was our names our wedding date and that a formal invitation was to follow.

I'm glad I did it that way and got an unbelieve response from so many friends loving our save the dates :-) ... its all about what you like if that helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards