New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses

How far before the wedding should these be ordered?

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard 8-6 months?
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the designer...I'm getting married in May and my girls are wearing a Bill Levkoff dress...I was told it takes 4mos but luckily they all came in already :-)  I ordered them at the end of Sept. I prefer to err on the side of caution.  They can still go for their fitting in April as long as the Boutique is holding their dresses I'm fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It varies so much. My girls just ordered their BM dresses this week (my wedding is end of May). They're Watters, and I was told it would take 2 to 4 months.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 4 months is about the closest you want to order them.  I believe my girls ordered them about 7 months ahead of time.  I had some girls out of town, so this gave plenty of time for me to mail it to them and for them to do alterations still. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to order a jim helm 2 months before a wedding before, not to say that is smart what so ever to wait that long like my friend did (and it only gave us 7 days to get alterations once we had the dress)

I think minimum 4 months is a good rule to follow, but a few more months then that is always welcome if possible
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    my girls ordered in april and they came in July.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  My daughter, who is my MOH, doesn't have time to go with my until Jan.  She lives about 6 hrs. away and is very busy with work.  I had wanted to get it done by Dec.  My wedding is in Oct.  I guess I can wait.
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding isn't until Oct.? You have plenty of time then! I didn't even look at bridesmaids dresses until about 7 months out and a couple of them haven't even ordered them yet (wedding's in April). You really don't want them to order too soon because then it will just be sitting in their closet for months and months and people do change sizes).
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    Next October? 

I agree with PP...you have PLENTY of time and can certainly hold off until January when your MOH is available...even if that is your "first look" trip
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It will definitely depend on the designer, but plan on having 6 months to order, that way you still can order in the 4 months if you don't get to it with 5 or 6 to go.

But, with an October wedding, you can definitely wait to go looking in January! Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards