New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Who used or is using Homestyle Bakery in Peekskill?

How much are they per slice for a wedding cake? I will definitely call them to ask this also but figured maybe you girls could let me know. I figure if they are the same price as Lulu's there is no point in going there.
Part of That World Blog
my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Who used or is using Homestyle Bakery in Peekskill?

• Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them but the cake was included, so I don't know the price per slice.  Side note: A few of my guests said it was the best cake they ever had!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm crap. I keep getting this answer that it was included I guess I will call and ask.
    I'm really picky with cake especially the fillings but every cake I tasted at Lulu's yesterday was delicious. And all were so moist. I have a feeling it will be Lulu's we go with.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Homestyle, but my cake , too, is included in the price.  The cake was delicious at the tasting. If you don't mind, let us know the price if you call.  I'm curious.

I have a friend who is a baker out of Tappan and has her own business.  Her cakes are great and she decorates them beautifully.  She's right off 303.  Let me know if you want her information. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called and they are $3 per slice. I guess it's worth checking out, but I must say after tasting and loving all of the samples at Lulu's ...its gonna be tough to beat them.
    Part of That World Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our groomscake was from lulu's and it was delicious and perfectly executed!
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used them, but they are my local bakery. My four tier cake was $300. The cake was beautiful, there's a pic on my facebook of it. I'm going to reccomend my favorite cake flavor ever, almond delight. It's amazing.

Jaimie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We purchased from Lulu's. FI loves Lulu's just not the price. But we couldn't find a bakery that compared flavor wise. I personally love Homestlye, but FI does not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate almonds so I definitely wouldn't like it.
    THanks Siobhan....I have a feeling I will be that way. I'm so picky with cake. When I found out I had tasted vanilla buttercream and liked it I was in SHOCK...Im sure Ive had it elsewhere and hated it.
    Part of That World Blog
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake was also from Homestyle, but like pp's it was included.  We had white and chocolate cake with cannoli filling.  it was delicious (and i don't even like cannoli's).  it is definitely worth going for a tasting at least.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used them. But (again) it was part of our package. But it was absolutely delicious! and we got 4 tiers! (We only had 102 people) We went with their pound cake (cupcake) mix. It was the white cake. Might be vanilla. Not sure. But I had to keep calling it their cupcake cake to insure they didn't give us the yellow cake. Because that I didn't like.

So going up from the base: white cake, thin layer of canolli cream, chocolate cake, delicious chocolate mousse layer, and final white cake layer. We used their whipped topping. It had a lighter taste than the buttercream. which I thought was good, but FI , at the time - now he's my husband :) anyway, he thought the buttercream had too much sugar. So we went with the whipped. which was very good.

We have about two weeks until we can eat out top layer! (we are eating it at the one month point)

Homestyle is delicious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards