August 2013 Weddings

Wedding Recap...

Well...I'm back!

Let me begin by saying that this is 2 of 8 family weddings before my own...so look forward to some awesome recaps...lol

The wedding was supposed to start at 1:00. And it did. Awesome. However, the Pastor did not say "All Rise" when the bride started to walk in. It was kinda like there was a pause in the music, and the guests stood on their own accord. There was music, but played very low. The Pastor was very personable, but made mostly jokes and kept stating how important marriage was. It was like a record player. But overall, he was entertaining.  Secondly, they skipped over SO much, singing, lighting of candle, passage reading, and best of all...that whiole "does anybody object part" which I thought was a HOOT, because it is in the wind, that she is gor strong side eye reasons.. It was the shortest ceremony of my life. Can't say I was mad though, because I had missed breakfast, and was hella hungry.

Commute to reception was about 20 min. No biggie, beause traffic was light. It was in a BEAUTIFUL outdoor white tent,...Mind you it was 90 degrees outside....and as far as color... white.That was the only color. No flowers, no centerpeices, nothing. Just white. Which was a bummer given her colors, there was alot of creatvie things I felt you could have done with it. It made it look very bland.

The cocktail hour was really delayed, and left guests complaining about the heat...and really thirsty.... No food or drinks were passed until AFTER (read almost 1 full hour) the bride and groom arrived. I got creative in my bordem  and created my own siggy drink, a Cherry Margarita. Yum-O! The passed things were pretty good though. I def filled up on them.

Dinner was yummy! It was buffet style, and guest just went and got food when they were ready. the line went very quickly given the amount of people...but I would of called them by table...instead of a free for all. Only downside, the gnats that surrounded the food as we tried to eat. AND the guests that were ready to fight over the fans that had been placed in the tent. It was HOT and everyone wanted air. Everything seemed really spaced out, and the first dance and cake cutting (Red Velvet) happened well after at least 30% of the guests had gone.

The DjJ played good music, however, ther entire recpetion there was maybe 5 people at most on the dance floor. (Myself included along with others) everyone else, kinda just watched us. O_o

They are a really lovely couple and I wish them the best.  Overall, I give it a 7 out of 10.

Till the next wedding! 

Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Wedding Recap...

• You have eight family weddings before yours?!  Wow.  That's a lot of weddings.  You should get plenty of ideas of what to do and not by your wedding for sure.  Keep the recaps coming. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Thanks for the recap! I love reading about weddings. 8 is a lot of weddings to go to before your own! I wish I had that many to go to, think of all the ideas you will be getting!!! Looking forward to hear all of your stories. Did you take any pics?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_wedding-recap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:e9b4b4a8-8bba-4b8e-aac1-b4ea9a15d890Post:e38b6d8c-9be2-48b6-8ae9-652f473215de">Re: Wedding Recap...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the recap! I love reading about weddings. 8 is a lot of weddings to go to before your own! I wish I had that many to go to, think of all the ideas you will be getting!!! Looking forward to hear all of your stories. Did you take any pics?
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wish I had! I only took one. I looked at my phone several times, but honestly, there was nothing to take pictures of really. Other than my cousin, who had on a pink matron of honor dress, and really pretty pink flowers. I will upload of pic of that soon. </div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, I have alot of weddings, bridal showers, and engangement parties ahead of me! It's good because I get to see venues, taste food, and sample cake... all for free! haha :) </div>
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_wedding-recap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:e9b4b4a8-8bba-4b8e-aac1-b4ea9a15d890Post:28b1410d-96ad-4780-a340-428d863c6f54">Re: Wedding Recap...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Recap... : I wish I had! I only took one. I looked at my phone several times, but honestly, there was nothing to take pictures of really. Other than my cousin, who had on a pink matron of honor dress, and really pretty pink flowers. I will upload of pic of that soon.  And yes, I have alot of weddings, bridal showers, and engangement parties ahead of me! It's good because I get to see venues, taste food, and sample cake... all for free! haha :) 
    Posted by msteachme13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I only went to one wedding prior to my engagement and i took some mental notes of the things she had and did but i am stealing one thing and thats the venue...lol...i fell in love with the place the food was excellent and coincidentally shes going to be in my wedding (we r good friends to say the least lol) but aside from that my colors and everything else will be different i am just besides myself with anticipation to start really planning and going dress shopping as well as cake tasting YUMM!...LE SIGH!! I guess ill be waiting until 2014 for most of those events to happen...but hey u njoy those 7-8 other events im sure thats gonna be exciting

</div>

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards