New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Help please! Honeymoon - Sandals Resorts?!

Hi all,

TIA for all advice, sharing experiences and ideas! Last night my FI and I were talking about how we want to actually go somewhere the water is clear and beautiful. I had some friends who did the Sandals resort for their honeymoon a couple years ago. Has anyone done this or know much about it? Did you do it on your own or go through a travel agent (which is what I am thinking)?

Where did you go on you HM?

Re: Help please! Honeymoon - Sandals Resorts?!

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to Sandals Grande Antigua on our honeymoon and had a really great time. We did book with a travel agent - since it's free to do so, it can only help you. We were thankful that we did when we almost needed to cancel the day before the honeymoon, and again when we had some issues at the resort.

Antigua is a beautiful island with lots of great things to do. We did an extreme circumvavigation tour around the island - we stopped to swim with sting rays, ate lunch on an empty beach, and snorkeled. It was wonderful. We also did the rainforest zipline tour, and went snorkeling with Sandals twice (the snorkeling is free!)

We did have a few issues with the resort - we were in an older room that had water dripping in the bathroom, and it was generally out of date. They also failed to bring us our breakfast in bed (part of the honeymoon package) not once but twice, but we really didn't let it bother us too much.

You should post this on the honeymoon board as well.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked through an agent, our wedding is in november. we are going to sandals st lucia and including airfare its about 5100.
  • Options
    cduhig07cduhig07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to Divi Aruba...it's less than $4000 for a week, including airfare.  I have never been there, but know several people who have gone and they all raved about it.  Great staff, beautiful, private beaches. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to St. Lucia in December and it was $7000 for eight nights , including airfare.  We really enjoyed everything - the food was really great!!!!
  • Options
    carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been to Sandals for vacation and didnt like it. The food was all cooked in the same type of oil that did not taste good , my fiancee actually lost 7 pounds by the time the trip was over.  They only had Red Stripe Beer (no imports , i did wind up getting imported beer by paying somone off) and stray cats everywhere.

The locals would come in the water by surf board (so they didnt access the resoprt by land)  trying to sell us stuff when we were trying to be alone.

The airports were close and we could hear the airplanes taking off and landing.

I think it was sandals Montego Bay ,  Be careful and i would use a travel agent and point these kind of issues out so you go to better place :)  Good Luck !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards