August 2013 Weddings

Photo rights

I'm looking at photographers right now. 2 of my favorites gorgeous prints, gorgeous pics, fabulous reputation, do not give out digital negatives or copyrights. They do give out web quality images, but say that they don't want you to have print pictures that are not finished properly.

Do you think having the digital negatives are important? What would you be using them for that I might be missing?

FYI, we plan on having albums ours parents done by the photog.

Thanks!!
Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus

Re: Photo rights

• To me it was important because I may need or want more prints for friends, family, and our home than I could afford to order from the photographer. For example, if the parents of my flower girls want some pictures to show the girls' grandparents, I'd like that to be doable quickly and cheaply. Many people also make thank you notes with a wedding picture, though I am not planning on this since it slows getting the notes out. I am getting our album and parent albums direct from the photog as well though.
  • It was really important to me to be able to get the rights and negitives for our photos. Like PP said if I ever want to make prints myself I can, Photosgraphers can chage A LOT of money to have just one picture printed, if family or friends want photos or if I want to use them for "thank yous"  I can then get quick cheap prints or if I want to change the photos I have hanging in the house of our wedding I dont have to go to the photographer and order hunderds of $$ in prints I can go to Wal-Mart and have them done for a fraction of the price.
  • I also needed the digital rights to high res images, because like PPs said I want to be able to have them and print them as I want without going through the photographer.  I'm also going to be making my own album online rather than ordering an expensive album from my photographer.  My photographer even recommended making an album online.
  • I needed a photographer that gave me the rights to the photos because I'm not having an album done by them, but doing one myself. I also wanted to have them to give out to my family, or just to have for later on if I wanted to print off different ones. Like some PP I think it's wayy cheaper just to print them yourself. Good luck with your photographer search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards