New York-Hudson Valley
Options

DJ help!

We are getting married in New Rochelle and were looking for some dj recommendations. It's so hard shopping for a dj! I feel like there's not much to look at and I'm getting overwhelmed with all of the high prices. As of right now we're looking in Top Notch Entertainment. It's basically $1,475. Is that expensive??? Has anyone used this company or have heard anything? Possibly other suggestions?

Re: DJ help!

• Options
    njdaisy86njdaisy86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what you're getting with your DJ package.  Such as, one DJ or two, and what's included.  I haven't heard of Top Notch.  We're using Spinning with Style with DJ Bri Swatek, who was highly recommended by a couple brides on this forum.  Look into the DJ Solution and the DJ Company (two seperate DJ companies).  Had we booked earlier, we would would have with the DJ Solution, they were also recommended by brides on this forum.  Ryan with the DJ Company is a sweetheart and was also recommended by this forum.  I'm using him for my uplighting.  He had the best prices in town but if Swatek was not available, I would have gone with the DJ Company.  It comes down to vibe, price and package.  Interview a few DJs and you'll eventually find what you're looking for.  Good luck.
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

njdaisy...you will LOVE Bri!  he is so awesome ... we loved him and he had our entire group of guests on the floor the whole night!  He is great and very professional.

Tarryn...depending on your package, that is probably ok...i paid less than that but i also didn't do all the extras....I wasn't interested in them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Top Notch, based on my friend's recommendation.  She used them for her wedding and loved them.  That price doesn't sound too bad, but it depends what you're getting.  We wound up going over budget, but it includes cocktail hour music, an extra hour at the end of the night (our venue offers 5 hr receptions instead of 4), the white board and truss, and all the kinetic uplighting (which we did *not* expect to get until they showed us pics of our room lit up).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in 4 days & we have th DJ company booked, we didn't get a lot of extras and our price a good bit lower than that, but even with the bells and whistles they're reasonable & they have been nothing but helpful and understanding through the entire process - I have full faith and confidence they'll do an awesome job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Angelmarie- I hope you have an amazing wedding! Let us know how it went and how everything turned out.

Thank you everyone for your help. Unfortunately, Spinning with style is booked for our date, but I did contact DJ Solution to see the comparisons to Top Notch. I just want to make sure (as I'm sure all of you are) that I'm getting the most for the money Smile. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    big apple entertainment was who i used and i paid around $3,000 but i got the very top of the line pacakge with lighting, plasma screens, ceremony and cocktail music. we used big apple for another party recently and their base line package starts as low as $600. all depends on what you want. i whole=heartedly recommend paul from big apple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards