New York-Hudson Valley
Options

dj company/rh productions.. whatever name they go by now

we just looked at the cd of our photobooth pics... i'm going to post our vendor reviews tomorrow.. we had such an amazing experience with each and every one of them.. except for our photobooth company we used the dj company, now going by ryan handlesmen productions or something like that.

after almost having to go to small claims court to get our pics back (our wedding was 8.12) we sat down to look back and remember our wedding, and we were disgusted with what we saw. i can understand having the person from the company running the booth take the first set of pics to test the machine out. but what is disgusting to me, is after several pics of family and friends, we see pics of the worker (nathan?) giving the finger, not once, not twice, but 3 different times.. which totals 9 pics out of our roll. are you kidding me. all throughout various times of the night.. which is amazing to me, since he disappered for most of the night and the staff at glen island had to keep looking for him and kept kicking him out of other rooms.

this company is garbage, and when im calmed down and dowload the pics, i will post it on here (because i know the dj company likes to lurk on this site and comment and try and defend themselves by pretending to be happy brides) so that there is no denying how awful they are, and hopefully this will serve as a warning to all brides to stay far far away.

ps the wanted us to sign a letter of satisfaction when we picked up our pics, so that nothing negative could be said about them. thank god we didn't, i will make sure i tell every person i know and every future bride to stay away from them. my other vendors already know how bad they are, as does my reception hall and no one is going to reccomend them... i really hope that ryan and the rest of that place go under and are left with nothing, thats what they deserve.

Re: dj company/rh productions.. whatever name they go by now

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I'm so sorry you had that experience :( It sounds like you did the right thing by not signing any agreements when you picked up the pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    atorresnyatorresny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh no, I've contracted them as my DJ for May, now I"m nervous.

November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no...that sounds horrible! I hope everything gets worked out!
  • Options
    junebaby91011junebaby91011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!  that sounds horrible, sorry you had to deal with a situation like that.  i'm not going to sit here and defend them as this is an open forum and we all should be able to speak free here, but we did not have that kind of experience.  i will say that it took about 5 - 6 weeks to get our photos from the photo booth, but given the fact that we just received our photographers proofs last week from our wedding that happened in July; in hind sight, waiting 6 weeks for photo booth pics wasn't half bad.   the profane middle finger photos by the attendant, however, is unacceptable.

I'm confused though, why did you almost have to go to small claims court??  Were they refusing to give you the pictures??

i hope that at least your guests enjoyed the photo booth, despite your experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used them for my photo booth and although I haven't received the pics back yet, I did have some issues with them too.  For the most part though, there were no major issues and nothing that any guests noticed (although I haven't seen the pics, hopefully no fingers given!) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using them, thanks for posting this!
  • Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe you had this expierience.  I am so sorry, things like this can leave such a bad taste and ruin some of you memories.  I just used them a couple weeks ago for my wedding, their DJ services were outstanding, didn't have a problem what-so-ever.  I did also have a photo booth.  Everything seemed to run smoothly during the wedding, I will keep you all up to do date if my disc has the same. 

I agree with PP, the time frame doesn't seem too crazy.  It takes a ton of time to turn things around, however I don't necessarily understand why.
  • Options
    riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies... yea it just left a really bad taste in my mouth once we saw the actual pics of the attendant giving the finger. we're still not sure why it took so long to get the pics back, we actually got our wedding proofs and video from our photographers back before we got the photobooth pics from this company lol. but anyway i just wanted to post a warning to all because thankfully this was the only hiccup that we had, but still it was enough to cause a few pre wedding arguments with my husband and put a lot of unneeded stress and aggrivation on us, so hopefully it can prevent people from dealing with the same.

we had to almost go to small claims because no one would speak to us when we called, we kept being told that they "couldn't talk to us directly about our situation" and everytime we left messages for the owner to call us, he would get back to us a day later and swear he just droped our pics off personally in the mail (3 times) lol.. anyway on a postive not we had an amazing wedding, and I hope that all of you do too :)

thanks for letting me vent!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards