New York-Hudson Valley

Is October too cold?!?

I am helping plan a wedding in the Hudson Valley, and we are considering having it outdoor (at Boscobel) in October.  We're scared that it's going to be too cold though!!  Please let me know what you think!!  We need to make a decision soon, but this one issue has put us at a standstill. 

Re: Is October too cold?!?

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding was 10/24 and it was only slightly chilly due to it having RAINED ALL DAY :( but the next day was gorgeous and totally comfortable.  The week leading up to the wedding was comfy too.

I would say do it.  the worst that happens is people throw a coat on..i doubt they will need a winter coat by then...just a sweater if at all
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It can definitely be too cold. Are you planning on having just a short ceremony outside, or the entire ceremony and reception? I could see bringing heaters in for the reception, but I wouldn't have an outside ceremony without a backup plan.
    imageimageimage
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If it is just the ceremony outside and you let your guests know then thats ok. The women can bring a wrap/shawl or whatever and usually all the men have on suit jackets anyway. 

But if your talking about the entire reception then yes it is absolutely to cold to have outside.

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can definitely be cold depending on when in the month you want to get married.

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should clarify that my ceremony only was to be outside....that is what i assumed you were talking about
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married october 12th, 2011 and we are having an outdoor ceremony in the gazebo of our reception site. our ceremony will be about a half hour. our ceremony time is 6 p.m. so I am ecpecting it to be a little chilly. include on your invites that the ceremony will be outside. also, depending on your budget, i went to a wedding that provided shawls and umbrellas to the guests.
    Photobucket invite1
  • tally7tally7 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I second the Shawls may be a nice addition for the guests -
  • edited December 2011
    You never know with October in NY.  It could be 70, it could be 30.  I would prepare for the cold weather.  I am having the same debate because I love October but also want an outdoot ceremony.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards