New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Rehearsal dinner

Hey girls,
About a month ago I asked for restaurant suggestions for my rehearsal dinner. I really appreciate all the input everyone gave!
At this point, it's looking like we are going to book at Pasta Cucina - the Stony Point location.
We ate there last night and loved it. The food and wine were great, the servers were nice, and it's real close to Patriot Hills. Plus, the price is right for us.

My only concern is that they do not have a party room. We would have one section of the restaurant. I'm a little concerned about having the rehearsal dinner at a place that is open to the public for business. My FI is okay with this, but I don't like it. I've been to rehearsals at bars and restaurants before, and they were nice, so I don't know why I'm making a big deal out of this.

I'm curious to know what you all think about this? Do you think it can be a nice rehearsal dinner if the place is open to the public??
Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• Options
    eclibraeclibra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Pasta Cucina in Stony Point quite a few times.  Great pick as far as food goes, great food!  However, not freak you out, but I would caution you, especially if your rehearsal dinner is on a Fri./Sat.  That place gets packed.  I've been there for a birthday and we had a table of 22 or something like that.  The bar was overflowing into the restaurant and the volume was insane.  If that doesn't bother you, than you picked a perfect place.  Me personally, I would want something quiet to talk to the guests/out of towners/wedding party etc.  It's just a preference.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:5b7a399b-d3a7-4568-881f-102a2e84ce92Post:9ffc4380-9b27-4ca6-83f0-1b2b7c76390f">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to Pasta Cucina in Stony Point quite a few times.  Great pick as far as food goes, great food!  However, not freak you out, but I would caution you, especially if your rehearsal dinner is on a Fri./Sat.  That place gets packed.  I've been there for a birthday and we had a table of 22 or something like that.  The bar was overflowing into the restaurant and the volume was insane.<strong>  If that doesn't bother you, than you picked a perfect place. </strong> Me personally, I would want something quiet to talk to the guests/out of towners/wedding party etc.  It's just a preference.
    Posted by eclibra[/QUOTE]

thanks so much for your input. that's the problem, it does bother me  :(  
    i wish it didn't, but it does. the restaurant was pretty busy when were there (sat night). we were assured that it wouldn't be as busy since we would be there before they get real busy. we were probably going with 5pm since our rehearsal can't be any later than 3pm.
    do you know of any places in the area that are as reasonably priced, but have a little more privacy?
    thanks again!
  • Options
    jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Pasta Cucina and my shower is actually there.  PP is correct they getvery crowded on Saturday nights.  You could have it at Pasta Cucina in New City, they have a private room and it isn't that much further.  As far as in Stony Point, try Noels, they have a private room but the food isn't as good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:5b7a399b-d3a7-4568-881f-102a2e84ce92Post:30f7b449-c026-4c4f-a296-16938422cd2e">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Pasta Cucina and my shower is actually there.  PP is correct they getvery crowded on Saturday nights.  You could have it at <strong>Pasta Cucina in New City, they have a private room and it isn't that much further</strong>.  As far as in Stony Point, try Noels, they have a private room but the food isn't as good.
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

Nice. Is your shower at the Stony Point or Nanuet location? Do you know if they are under the same management? I called both locations but the price at the Nanuet location was about $10 more a person, maybe even more, I don't have my notebook with me this second...
    Mario at Pasta Cucina in Stony Point was so nice and willing to work with as far as price goes. I'll try calling Nanuet again to see if they'll work with me. I didn't get that feeling the first time I called, but we'll see...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is in Stony Point.  Mario is really great.  I have no idea if they are the same owners.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did our rehearsal dinner at a place in OC, similar to Pasta Cucina. And its open to the public as well, they kinda had as cardoned off in one section as they didn't have a party room either. It totally worked out fine. I never even realized there were other people around the restaurant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:5b7a399b-d3a7-4568-881f-102a2e84ce92Post:b99cb626-6498-4c7f-a9f0-a683870ba11f">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did our rehearsal dinner at a place in OC, similar to Pasta Cucina. And its open to the public as well, they kinda had as cardoned off in one section as they didn't have a party room either. <strong>It totally worked out fine. I never even realized there were other people around the restaurant.
    </strong>Posted by chrisnjay05212010[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Good to know! Maybe I can book this place afterall! :)
  • Options
    eclibraeclibra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New CIty Pasta Cucina is more private, I would believe that it costs more too though :(
    I would recommend Il Fresco in Orangeburg.  They have private rooms you could check out online first.  Sonoma Grille in Stony Point/Thiells is a hidden gem.  I recommend them as well.  Very reasonably priced and flexible to accomodate the type of gathering you would like.
    Del Arte in Blauvelt has great food, they have a separate room, though I think you'd need a lot of guests to reserve it.  However, I've never seen it bustling, surprisingly.  
    Good luck!  Curious to know if you decided on picking somewhere other than Pasta Cucina. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:5b7a399b-d3a7-4568-881f-102a2e84ce92Post:27e0cdc8-006f-498a-b08e-9e9703748306">Re: Rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]New CIty Pasta Cucina is more private, I would believe that it costs more too though :( I would recommend Il Fresco in Orangeburg.  They have private rooms you could check out online first.  <strong>Sonoma Grille in Stony Point/Thiells</strong> is a hidden gem.  I recommend them as well.  Very reasonably priced and flexible to accomodate the type of gathering you would like. Del Arte in Blauvelt has great food, they have a separate room, though I think you'd need a lot of guests to reserve it.  However, I've never seen it bustling, surprisingly.   Good luck!  <strong>Curious to know if you decided on picking somewhere other than Pasta Cucina. 
    </strong>Posted by eclibra[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to post the final  choice. In the meantime, I'm going to contact Sonoma Grille. I've spoken to someone at Pasta Cucina in New City two times and I was totally put off by her attitude... so they are most likely off the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards