New York-Hudson Valley

Looking for a specific dress

Looking for Beth by Maggie Sottero and can't seem to find it in stock anywhere.  I have called almost all stores in westchester, long Island, and the city and no luck. Does anyone know of a place I can go to at least try it on? Or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks!
Danielle

Re: Looking for a specific dress

• edited December 2011
    Try the wedding classifieds board to see if anyone has one for sale. As for trying it on locally I haven't the faintest idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i googled it and there are lots of places to buy it from....I wonder if you can ask the stores if they have a similar dress, that is, if you are in absolute love with this dress and then, you can get the idea...there must be somethign similar that MS makes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I tried it on in one store in Queens, but they said they were removing it from stock because for the longest time it has not sold a piece.  The shape looks good, but to be honest, it probably looks best on the model. I am 5'7" and the middle looked a little too long for my shape. I would need a longer torso for it to look good (they had my size 6).  Also, the back is all made with that black lace and as much as I liked the middle belt area to be with lace, I really did not like the way the back looked, especially when it was bussled up... it looked like someone spilled something on it.

Good luck with your search though!!! I hope you can find a place that has it.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried RK bridal? You can also check some CT stores...
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Helen Bohn Bridal in Washington Township, NJ carries Maggie Sottero.  I don't know if they have this dress in particular but you could try to call and ask.
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure I tried that dress on actually! I went to Bella Couture in Newburgh. I was shopping for a dress last summer, so I am not sure if they still have a sample in stock, but I would def call them to see!
  • edited December 2011

Ass pp's said. Call the stores to check. You can search on the Maggie Sottero site to locate a store. when you call they can check their albums/ catalogs and they will know (just from looking at the picture) they will know if they have that dress in the store. And like pp said, they would also be able to tell you if they have something similar.

Good luck! Hope you find a place that has it! It's a beautiful dress!

• LOVE!does anyone know who makes this dress and where I can get it
  • Helen Bohn closed down.
  • Bella Couture in Newburgh changed owners and names. It is now Bliss Bridal and they do carry Maggie Sottero. If they dont have the dress in stock, I would imagine that they can order it for you. I got all of my bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride/groom from Bliss Bridal in September.
  • come down to CT.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards