New York-Hudson Valley

New to TheKnot. Looking for Rockland/Westchester/Orange County Venue Info.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Allison and I got engaged to my fi, Joel, about a month ago.  Our projected wedding date is 10/6/12.  We are VERY excited to start planning!  

We are currently in the Venue-hunting/pricing phase, and boy is there a lot to choose from!  We are looking for a place in or around Rockland County.  Orange and Westchester are possibilities, as long as the venue is within close proximity to Rockland.  Ideally our price range is under $90pp (not incl. tax and grat.), around 150p.  Ceremony and reception on-site.  Preferably outdoor cocktail area. 
We have been reading all of your helpful posts and have a potential list of venues.  Some of these include: Patriot Hills, Tarrytown Doubletree, & The Riverview.

If anyone has additional information on venues that meet our criteria, please send it our way!  
Thank You in advance  Laughing
-Allison & Joel

Re: New to TheKnot. Looking for Rockland/Westchester/Orange County Venue Info.

• edited December 2011
    we had our wedding at the Mansion at Colonial Terrace.  MY FI is from Rockland County and there Sat evening prices were amazing.  We paid under 90.00 per person.  worth the call.
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had ours at the doubletree tarrytown...everything was perfect...outdoor cocktails were awesome
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say we had our wedding at Patriot Hills and had a wonderful experience.  Def keep them on your list to check out :)
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_new-theknot-need-rockland-venue-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:674b9215-4b52-4a8e-8f6a-90d5883c2f86Post:df0e2f8e-3ab1-494b-9eca-39056cd3aa35">Re: New to TheKnot. Looking for Rockland/Westchester/Orange County Venue Info.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just wanted to say we had our wedding at Patriot Hills and had a wonderful experience.  Def keep them on your list to check out :)
    Posted by rblucy[/QUOTE]

Yes they were absolutely fabulous to work with from when we booked almost 2 years before our date right through the end of our reception.  My DH and I joke all the time that we hope someone we know gets married there so we can truly enjoy all the food.
    imageimageimage
  • AliJo2012AliJo2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! 
    We didn't have Colonial Terrace on our list - I'm definitely going to add that one.
    I've heard such great things about Patriot Hills and Doubletree, we are definitely going to get out there soon to see both of those.
    Haha, Kristin hopefully you'll get to go there again :-)
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi , I'm getting married at Villa Barone Hilltop Manor this Sept .  I think you could do something in that price range in Oct and their scenery is amazing !  It's not to far from colonial Terrace , maybe you could do the visits in the same day :)  Good Luck
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's literally not 5 minutes into NJ, but the Colonial Inn in Norwood.
  • edited December 2011
    Villa  Barone in Mahopac, Bx, Marina Del Ray
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Round Hill in Washingtonville, NY. It's a lovely converted manor house with a lovely garden for the ceremony, with an atrium as an indoor alternative. They also have a nice outdoor patio area for cocktail hour. Their pricing is within your range if you would be willing to go for a Friday or a Sunday. Happy hunting! Visiting venues is so fun! :)
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_new-theknot-need-rockland-venue-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:674b9215-4b52-4a8e-8f6a-90d5883c2f86Post:9dba5244-c1b1-4b71-8e60-6cf35924a309">Re: New to TheKnot. Looking for Rockland/Westchester/Orange County Venue Info.</a>:
    [QUOTE]we had our wedding at the Mansion at Colonial Terrace.  MY FI is from Rockland County and there Sat evening prices were amazing.  We paid under 90.00 per person.  worth the call.
    Posted by ronaellen[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Although my fiancé and I are not having our wedding there (we're going up to poughkeepsie to the Grandview) we did look at the Mansion and we loved the people there. They're flexible, they're welcoming and they can do a ceremony outside from what I remember. I looked at the doubletree and was not a fan. They only do cocktails outside and it's just a very odd set up.
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards