New York-Hudson Valley

Registry Woes!

Hi Ladies!  I'm looking for some advice on registry issues.  Not really issues but more like questions.   I am looking to register for specific things such as fine dinnerware, fine flatware and also a full pots and pans set.... my questions therefore are:

1. For fine dinnerware do you prefer bone china, porcelain, something else and why?

2. For fine flatware, stainless steel or silver and why?

3. This is the most important!  The pots and pans... should I do stainless steel, copper, annondized aluminum non stick?? I'm just not sure which brand to take and which kind!  I'm not a chef but I would like to use my set a decent amount.  Please suggestions!!
-Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry Woes!

• edited December 2011
    I just started my registry and can help you out with dinnerware and pots and pans.

For fine dinnerware that I'm assuming you're using for special occasions, bone china would be my suggestion.  It's the most durable, but you have to hand wash it.  If you're going to be using fine dinnerware for every day use, I would go with porcelain because it's dishwasher safe.

For pots and pans, I registered for mostly stainless steel and a few nonstick pans.  The stainless steel pots & pans are great for even cooking and last a long time.  My mom still has her stainless steel pans from her wedding and they are in great shape.  I also registered for a few nonstick pans mainly for my FI and for quick cooking (like eggs or something).  I love cooking and cook about 5 times a week.  I registered for all Calphalon pans.  All-Clad is probably the best, but also one of the more expensive brands.  Definitely read the reviews online.  They are really helpful, and depending where you register, the bridal registry consultants are usually very helpful, too!

GL and HTH!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards