New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Photgrapher help

Hi , ladies .  I'm looking for a photographer . Something with just a basic package and maybe a videographer too ( is that a diiferent vendor ? )  

Any help you guys can give me i appreciate , packages and pricing  .

Thank you

Re: Photgrapher help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both Majestic Studios and Digital Weddings (Dutchess County) do both photo and video. Lots of times the video is a different company than the photographer. We used Majestic, Digital was our second choice.

Just checked your date - you have plenty of time!

Best thing I can suggest - go to bridal shows. There will be ton coming up the beginning of the year. Pok Grand, Villa Borghese, The Links, Villa Barone.

Best way to meet a bunch without pressure. Good luck!

http://www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com/shows/shows.htm

When we got engaged, I went to a lot of bridal shows and met and talked with the photo/ /veideo / DJ people. It was a great way to gage their personality and see their work. (And when it came down to deciding, it was great to have had the option of (briefly) meeting with so many of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Christophers Studios.

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Nick Carter. His website is www.nickcarterweddings.com. You can email him for a price list, he has very affordable packages and is really sweet. I love his work, and if it wasn't for this board I wouldn't have found him and been so happy with our choice! 
    Ricky Restiano does amazing work. I don't know his prices because I never met with him but I know many people who have used him and he's great. Nick told us of the videographer he works with usually but for us the company was too pricey so we went with another company. Ricky works with a company called Moving Pictures for video I believe, and I've seen videos from there and they are really nice. Again, not sure of the prices though.

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Alexa Miller of Bright Bird Photography - You will not be disapointed! Amazing photographer and very reasonable.  I have seen lots of "wedding photographers" in the area who charge ridiculous prices and arent even close to as talented.

http://www.brightbirdphotography.com/
  • Options
    carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone  and I completely forgot about the bridal shows !

I will check all the recommendations out and go the Villa barone show this January and compare everyone .

Thank you Thank you Thank you  :)  You guys are great !
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm jusing Michael Tomassi from "Picture This" in Danbury CT ... he also works in conjunction w/ Carlos from CMV (Custom Made Video) I found Carlos' prices to be really reasonable and his style is unobtrusive which I like - I don't want a camera in everyone's face I just want him to capture the moments I inevitablly will mis....if you use Carlos Mike give you a break. I loved Mike's work. he's traditional and journalistic and has different packages.  Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is BlueSky Photography - amazing work! We nixed having a videographer at all. HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards