New York-Hudson Valley
Options

viennese hour

what are everyone's thoughts on this? I really want to have it, but its so expensive at my venue!!
 Do you think its worth it or not?

Re: viennese hour

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I never feel it is worth it because most venues offer SO much food from the cocktail hour through the 3-course meal, that I barely have room for dessert, much less a smorgasbord of dessert! I hate to see all that food (and money) go to waste!

If you really have your heart set on it, I would keep all the other food more modest and simple.
  • Options
    steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im not sure about it either. my ceremony starts at 6 and my reception ends at 11:30 so i think it may be too late for some guests to push it until 12:30
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP... I think a viennese hour is an unnecessary addition and usually everyone is too full to even enjoy it.  I've noticed that no one even eats the wedding cake if there's a viennese hour. The last two weddings I attended had the viennese hour and both times, the bride and groom ended up taking the majority of the desserts home.  The desserts reappeared at both hotel brunches the next morning.  It may be a wow factor, but I'd rather put the money towards something else (like an extra station at the cocktail hour for example).  Some places give you a dessert plate in addition to the piece of wedding cake which is a nice touch.  GL!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So totally worth every penny.   People raved about ours.  I'm of the mind set that you can never have enough dessert.  We did the individual table viennese and it was great.  Not everyone likes cake and / or likes the flavors you pick, it was nice that people had the option of something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally do not like it. I also feel like it's a waste of food and money. We're thinking of having an ice cream sundae bar in addition to our cake. We'll see....
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_viennese-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:69f99a6c-2089-48a1-9163-34d862a337b8Post:da66abf7-af5e-4806-b8bf-b32154b35e71">Re: viennese hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]So totally worth every penny.   People raved about ours.  I'm of the mind set that you can never have enough dessert.  We did the individual table viennese and it was great.  Not everyone likes cake and / or likes the flavors you pick, it was nice that people had the option of something else.
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

Phew! We're doing it and I was getting nervous!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, my parents think its a total waste of money also. I do too, but I feel like it gives the "wow" factor! But, really, am I going to spend all that extra money just so people say ooo ahh! and then not eat a thing! hmm.. idk. My bff is having one and she's getting married this friday, so we'll see how hers turns out! Thanks all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do one too. I just love it it really does give the WOW factor. My venue gives you the choice of adding the extra hour or incorporating it into the 6 hours we have not decided which one yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having one too- I feel that the 2 most important things at a wedding are the cocktail hour and the dessert!
    Plus my venue is also putting out "doggie bag" tins for guests to take some treats home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our Viennese hour was just as big as our cocktail hour!~
    There is always room for dessert!!! and the venure provide take home containers! 
    Guests loved it

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father insisted on having one so we are. You can negotiate the price on this though... ithe VH and coffee/cordial bar was $20/pp at my RH. We noticed that we were already getting a cake and plated dessert which was included in our package so we asked to just do the cake and VH and they lowered the price to $5/pp. You really don't need the plated dessert if you're doing VH and your guests are already getting cake too.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards