New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bridal Party Gifts

What are you giving to your bridal party? I have all of these ideas and keep seeing such cool stuff but I need help narrowing it down. I love the idea of personalized zip up hoodies for the day of but they are all pretty expensive, any ideas on where to go for less expensive ones? Thanks Gals!

October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, good question. I'm excited to see all the responses. I can't find anything I like for female bridal party members. All the gifts for guys are great, but I feel that the typical girls gifts are SUPER cheesy.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Would yours girl wear hoodies with their names on them? I know I wouldn't. Shop for them like it's their birthday - they all don't need to get the same gift.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put all my gifts into a tote bag with their names stitched on (extra special since the Hubbs did the stitch work!!). I bought all their wedding jewelry, flip flops, and a couple of other little things. My most favorite gift to them was a photo book I made on mypublisher.com. I scanned in old photos of us way back in the day, plus some new pics. I put personalized captions on each page. Also, the first page had a special note written to each of them. I told them how thankful I was for them being in my life. They LOVED these books! I bought myself copies, also...we always bring them out at parties to look at & reminisce. I may have a pic of the bags in my bio somewhere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way about the gifts! So far, I only ordered totes that were personalized... from the knot shop! I just don't know what to fill them with!!!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got all the girls Kate Spade photo albums and Coach crossbody bags at the outlets.  I thought they were things they could use in general rather than wedding specific.  I like the idea of getting different things but it's hard to be "even" not just in cost but in perceived value. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just think weekend I received a gift for being a bridesmaid in my friends upcoming wedding. It was a cute tote and inside was a super cozy warm white bathrobe withmy name engraved on it and a gorgeous bracelet from macy's to wear on the wedding day! i LOVE it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made jewelry for them, not only the stuff for them to wear day of, but also some other pieces personalized to each girl. My one BM Lauren doesn't have pierced ears and can only wear clip ons (and I think we all know how many nice clip on earrings we've ever seen) so I made her some stylish sets of earrings. Another one of the girls like long multistrand necklaces, another likes stacked bracelets, etc.

I sew, so I also am in the process of making them each a bag. All the fabric is different and I picked the fabric for each specific girl.
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got all the girls:
     Black Silk Coach Clutches. 
     Little Bag holders, so you can hang ur bag from the table and not put it on the floor. 
    and a pair of flip flops

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the ideas gals!

@pbj1975 I love your photo book idea and might borrow that one!

Right now I'm thinking of getting them tote bags with their names on it, roll-up ballet flats, earrings for the day of, and maybe a zip up hoddie with their initial on it and something else, not sure what that is yet

what are you girls getting the groomsmen? We were thinking of getting the guys custom converse sneakers for the day of and something else

Parent gifts? are albums enough?
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Matt might get different gifts for each of his guys. There is some really nice "traveling" bar (not exactly sure what they are called) sets and really nice cigar sets. He's probably going to do something different for the guys, depending on their interests. Plus, he has two female groomsmen which changes things up a bit.
    I feel like it's more difficult for us to buy gifts. I really want to find jewelry that they can wear the day of the wedding but also wear any day. I've been in six weddings and for most of them I received jewelry to wear that day but I'd never consider wearing it again. I'd really like to get them something they want to wear again... we'll see!
  • Options
    mcgeekanmcgeekan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting custom bags designed by http://www.tayloraiden.com/. The people who run the company are really nice and easy to work with. This way the bridesmaids can put all of their stuff into bags that match their dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the guys, I know a groom that told me when he got married, he got all of the guys a pair of sneakers, and they went crazy! All of the men loved their sneakers, and the females were jealous. I thought it was pretty funny. So I told my groom, but he didn't really like the idea, because, "people have different styles." I still think its fun, and cool. There are different ways to be sneaky about their shoe size and style. I think I might add shoes to my girl's gifts. I am just going to separately ask them, "Your shoes are nice! What size are you?", months before the wedding, that way they don't know what I am doing!  LOL
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards