New York-Hudson Valley
Options

uplighting referrals

Lately I've been considering adding some uplighting at the reception.  We are not using a DJ, so I can't use her/him as a resource. 

If anyone has any referrals of a company that serves Rockland County, I'd appreciate.  If you don't mind, can you also share some ballpark cost figures.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy shmancy- just some purple/lavender tinting.

Thank you!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: uplighting referrals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lately I've been considering adding some uplighting at the reception.  We are not using a DJ, so I can't use her/him as a resource. 

If anyone has any referrals of a company that serves Rockland County, I'd appreciate.  If you don't mind, can you also share some ballpark cost figures.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy shmancy- just some purple/lavender tinting.

Thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DJ Company hands down! They came in MUCH cheaper then anyone else. I don't have the breakdown right now, because we are also using them for our dj. Ryan is amazing to work with. BellaSposa used them for lighting, so maybe she has some pictures or a better idea of price.

www.thedjco.net

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies.  I just left them a message :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definitely DJ co. If you want to see pics of my room (they did purple uplighting on the walls and a soft amber projection on the ceiling) give me your email and I'll send to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup! My friend used DJ company and her uplighting was SO NICE! I was so unsure of lighting until I saw her wedding... it made such a difference!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thnx, ladies!
    Sjsphish, YGPM.
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely the DJ Company.  I had hot pink uplighting and a custom gobo.  Ryan was great to work with from beginning to end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am using elite sound entertainment.. they are out of saddle brook nj.. although they are a little pricey
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I've been noticing in a lot of pictures the rooms look dark.  I was hoping for something brighter.  I'm just looking for a splash of purple on the walls, not a lounge feel.  Ryan mentioned it's hard to photograph "lightness" and the rooms were not necessarily dark.  Do you think that uplighting can work if you keep some brightness to the room?

In case anyone else is looking into uplighting, the DJ Co came in the least expensive (450 to 850 depending on the package).  The other two places I priced out started at 1K.
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dj company.  Did a great job
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sjsphish can you email me the pics of the uplighting? I love it! But at jimmy dee its so expensive. they quoted me $1275 for 15 lights!!!!! I've been calling the dj company all day today lol they didnt answer..i'm so excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards