New York-Hudson Valley

Rehearsal Dinner Locations/Ideas

I live in the Newburgh area and my fiance and I are paying for our wedding so money is starting to become tight.  We are getting married in October, but since everyone in the bridal party has young kids and weekend jobs, we are having the rehearsal dinner two weeks before.

Does anyone know of a a restaurant that can serve 35 people (12 kids included in that) for under $600? 

Or is it better to order food from a restaurant or deli and have a party at our home?  We have a large yard which is perfect, but I'm nervous of rain.  Does anyone know of any cheap tent rentals?  Or does anyone have a better idea?

Whenever we crunch the numbers to the restaurants we like it's always around $800 not including tax and tip.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations/Ideas

• eclibraeclibra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you actually doing a rehearsal? Why do you have to have a dinner?  You can forgoe a rehearsal dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    i live in newburgh & am having my rehearsal dinner at costagliola's on washington street... their food is delicious, plus they have a back room for parties... i'm not sure of the price because my future mother in law will be paying, but i don't think it was overly expensive... i know she also looked into booking youngest brother on 9w & they were actually cheaper than costagliolas, but we prefer the food at costagliola's over youngest brother...

any restaurants that you call, definitely make sure you get prices for the 12 kids that you're inviting because i'm sure a 7yr old ordering chicken nuggets & french fries is going to be less than the adult meals...

another option would be having an informal gathering at a pizzeria & ordering pizza... this might be better being that you will have a lot of kids at your dinner... my fiance' & i went to a rehearsal dinner like this & it was wayyy more casual than most rehearsal dinners... everyone was getting up & walking around talking to the other people in the wedding party... definitely a more comfortable setting...

good luck with wherever you decide to have it!!
    ~maggie
    Maggie & Lucas
    July 15, 2011
    Visit HudsonValley.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Diane's in New Windsor. It is near Stuart.  I went to a shower there and it was good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if you decide to do it at home and need a tent,  call Orange County Tent. I just got a tent their for a party im having at our house and for the tent, tables and chairs its just over $200.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards