New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Planner at Whitby Castle?

I am thinking about booking Whitby Castle for my wedding, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if a wedding planner or day of consultant is necessary at the venue?  Sometimes the in-house catering managers fufill the planner roles, so an external planner isn't necessary. 

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner at Whitby Castle?

• edited December 2011
    I am thinking about booking Whitby Castle for my wedding, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if a wedding planner or day of consultant is necessary at the venue?  Sometimes the in-house catering managers fufill the planner roles, so an external planner isn't necessary. 

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    You should post this on your local board to get more responses!  Good luck!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After my wedding, i think a planner is a must for any venue!  She did so much more than just act as a DOC at my wedding, she helped with ideas before hand (and I had a lot of questions!).  She ran the rehearsal, plus met with us to go over all the details for my wedding.  I didn't want to chance that the venue would get everything right (I'm a bit Type A).  Anyway, I say yes (even though I don't know Whitby Castle!)  We used Katie from Sara Kate Events and she was wonderful!
    Hope That Helps!
    Rose
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards