New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Garrison/Highlands wedding

Is anyone considering the Garrison or the Highlands Country Club for their venue? Reviewers rave about the food but they don't offer tastings so the Valley restaurant is all we have to go by... Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Garrison/Highlands wedding

• Options
    A friend of mine got married there 3 years ago. It was beautiful! 
  • Options
    A friend of mine got married there 3 years ago. It was beautiful! 
  • Options

I went to a wedding there in June and it was a beautiful place! It holds smaller affairs so it was very intimate and such a beautiful atmosphere. I was only a guest at the wedding, but the food was great and the staff seemed to be wonderful!

• Options
    We looked at highlands. It was our first choice actually, but we found it a bit difficult to work with them - after our 3rd meeting, we felt like they were doing us a favor by hosting our wedding, and we should be honored. For the cost, we were also very turned off they didn't do a tasting.  We ended up walking away - sadly at first...but we ended up absolutely loving our wedding (and the whole process) at what was our "second choice' spot at the time; we keep reminding ourselves about how glad we are we didn't go with Highlands.  Now - dont' get me wrong - its beautiful (inside at least) and the food, from reviews, does seem great, but in the end, we weren't only focused on the day, but enjoying the whole journey/process of planning it, and they just seeemd to be making it diffiuclt with neogotiations, charging for every ltitle thing, a few(Simple!) ideas we had, no tasting, etc.  I'm sure if you do go with them, you will have a beautiful wedding!
  • Options
    I got married at Highlands this October and LOVED it! Private message me and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.  It was the best decision ever to have our wedding there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards