New York-Hudson Valley

Where should I shop for my wedding dress?

My dress budget is $1,500, and I tend to like the lacy, more vintage look (I like several Allure Bridals dresses), though I am certainly open to other looks. Do any of you ladies have suggestions for where I should start my search? I know that I want to check out RK Bridal, but after that, I'm at a loss.

Re: Where should I shop for my wedding dress?

• atorresnyatorresny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I was looking for the exact same thing with the same budget; and I didn't even have to spend that much.  I found my dress at DB and it's perfect for me.  It is champagne satin with ivory lace overlay.  I love it and it's very flattering.

November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to Be Unique Boutique in Mt. Kisco and I was so happy with my selection. All their gowns are from Europe and surprisingly NOT expensive!! You can be sure that nobody else will have your dress, too! Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try pronovias, they have dresses in your budget, and if you decide on a dress on your first day shopping there ( you can leave to think and come back before 6pm), you'll get 12.5% discount. I got my gown yesterday!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Allure too! I know Town Shop Bridal in Poughkeepsie had a lot of choices.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting my dress at the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie. I know online they get mixed reviews but I've been there twice now and they have been great. I think I'm definitely going to get my dress there but need to do the whole Klienfelds thing first, just to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at occasions in bethel ct. there prices were great and the dresses were beautiful. My dress was only $900 and I couldnt ask for anything better.
  • makennnziemakennnzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After going to a million stores around here, even some in CT and NJ, I finally forced myself to go to Kleinfelds, and I had the most amazing experience od my life.  My budget was also 1,500 and they gladly worked with it and I found the dress of my dreams.  The staff at Kleinfeld made me and my whole family feel like royalty and they do everything to make the experience the best!  It also doesn't hurt to see all the "stars" from Say Yes to the Dress and have a fun day in the city :]
  • kapabekapabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going into NYC anyway, I would highly recommend Gabriella's (www.gabriellanewyork.com) where I bought my gown and also Lovely Bridal Shop (www.lovelybride.com) for beautiful selections in your budget.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards