New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Hair Dilemma.. helpppp please (kind of long, but desperate)

So, I haven't had a regular hair stylist for years b/c my best friend is a hairdresser and she cuts my hair whenever I want.  Now, she is a BM in my wedding and I don't want to burden her with the stress and pressure of doing my hair for my big day.

This leaves me with no idea who to use the day of my wedding.  I don't like anyone else at her salon aside from the owner, so I wouldn't want to go there with my girls b/c who knows how their hair would end up. 

I also had a "trial" with a hairdresser that a friend recommended and really didn't like her attitude.  She gave me excuses as to why my hair won't do any of the things that I had brought in as examples... and curled my hair, pinned up about three strands before taking it down and then charged me $65 for an updo.  I was furious when I left and was on the verge of tears, thinking that my hair will never look how I want it to on my wedding day.

Sorry if this sounds over dramatic, but with 5 momths left I am really starting to feel the pressure of the fact that 160 people will be staring at me as I walk down the aisle.  I don't usually mind being around people, but I am seriously stressed about being the BRIDE!

So, with all of this said, does anyone know of a GREAT hairstylist in the Poughkeepsie or surrounding area? 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks soo much.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hair Dilemma.. helpppp please (kind of long, but desperate)

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Hot Locks Salon for my non-bridal hair.  It is on Fowler Ave in Poughkeepsie.  Mark does bridal hair.  not sure how much he charges but i have seen some of his photos and he does great work (he is not my regular stylist though)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Could you have your friend just do your hair> Maybe she can do it as a wedding gift.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hair-dilemma-helpppp-please-kind-of-long-but-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:816f40a6-0d9f-4abb-beee-e1bee12be13ePost:edb009ac-2785-4ae2-bb57-210c8dc1d2f2">Re: Hair Dilemma.. helpppp please (kind of long, but desperate)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you have your friend just do your hair /> Maybe she can do it as a wedding gift.
    Posted by bridaljoy[/QUOTE]

If she can't, ask HER who she suggests. Maybe she has a person who covers for her on a regular basis.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Bella Capelli in Pleasant Valley, to Michelle. She is amazingggg! =) 635-2777
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to C & C in the pok galleria they have great prices. See Pamela. She is super sweet, and if you tell her what you want, she will work with you. She knows hair!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I will be making a lot of phones calls soon to start trying people out if they are available!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    timelady77timelady77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Styles in Hyde Park. My trial was great and everyone there was so nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards