New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Terrapin Catering/ Dinsmore Golf experiences?

Has anyone had any experiences with Terrapin Catering or Dinsmore Golf in Staatsburg, NY? From what i can see online the reviews are good but i'd love to find out more from people who have been there specifically for a wedding. Thanks!

Re: Terrapin Catering/ Dinsmore Golf experiences?

• Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings there. One was sit down dinner and the other was buffet.
    I have to say I was not impressed by the cake, but this was a couple of years ago.
    The food was good and the location is great, esp for pictures. Change-over from ceremony to reception was prety quick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding there last winter.  The food was good... I don't remember the cake.  It is a really nice spot for a smallish wedding :)

• Options
    LizColstonLizColston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Terrapin catering is one of the best in the upper hudson valley.  You really can't go wrong with anything on their menu.  If you're unsure there or anywhere, try a tasting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding here this Saturday night. Hugh Piney was simply wonderful to work with. He gave us great suggestions and listened to and followed all of our instructions. We had a vegan menu and EVERYONE simply loved the food... longtime vegans and friends who thought they would have to go out to eat after our wedding! The room was set up beautifully and the view was truly dramatic... right before Hurricane Irene's visit! I totally recommend Terrapin Catering at the Dinsmore and Hugh Piney and his incredibly attentive and talented staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards