New York-Hudson Valley

Outdoor Wedding Ceremony with Pavillion

Hello-
I'm looking for a venue in Westchester, NY/Hudson Valley which has an outdoor ceremony site either under a tent or a pavillion. I really would like to have an outdoor ceremony, but do not want to risk it with the rain.

Thanks!
Caitlin

Re: Outdoor Wedding Ceremony with Pavillion

• edited December 2011
    Hello-
    I'm looking for a venue in Westchester, NY/Hudson Valley which has an outdoor ceremony site either under a tent or a pavillion. I really would like to have an outdoor ceremony, but do not want to risk it with the rain.

Thanks!
    Caitlin
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to post this on your local board for better help.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can check the Grandview in Poughkeepsie

www.grandviewevents.com

Also check some of the wineries in the HV. A lot of them have outdoor events.
    www.shawangunkwinetrail.com

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Bowdoin Park in Wappinger Falls.  We are using one of their picnic pavilions.  it has a covered outdoor area as well as an indoor area that is being renovated.  I don't know if it'll be done by my wedding, but we're not using it for anything other than staging.

Another place you may want to look is Catlin Gardens...beautiful outdoor pavilion/tent.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This past weekend I looked at New York Country Club in Rockland County.  The golf course is absolutely beautiful and has some great views.  There is a large area for an outdoor cocktail hour, and the ceremony space gives the feel of an outdoor wedding (it's an outdoor covered terrace).  It's a great feature - rain or shine! GL!

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    try monteverde in cortlandt manor....great views of the hudson, a beautiful tent and great catering.  worth the call.  also try the mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor which has lots of property and indoor space weather permitting.
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac has an outdoor space for a ceremony , that is where i am doing mine , its beautiful , i have a tent on stand by in case it rains  :)

Good luck !

ps, i heard monteverde closed , maybe they re-opened ???
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_outdoor-wedding-ceremony-pavillion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:85c78109-fe9d-40cc-b2a8-b8d7db0a8132Post:914ceb4d-344f-4f6b-92ac-7d0fe5fe5f1f">Re: Outdoor Wedding Ceremony with Pavillion</a>:
    [QUOTE]try <strong>monteverde in cortlandt manor.</strong>...great views of the hudson, a beautiful tent and great catering.  worth the call.  also try the mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor which has lots of property and indoor space weather permitting.
    Posted by ronaellen[/QUOTE]

gorgeous place, but i'm about 99% positive that they went bankrupt and were forced to close.
  • edited December 2011
    monteverde is re-opened under new ownership.  I met them and its gorgeous and very reasonable.  They have a caterer who is great and very reasonably priced.  Colonial Terrace is the on site caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards