New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Precana online? Catholic church

Hi I was wondering I heard that if you get married in a catholic church you can take a precana course online? I also wanted to know if we are getting married next year if it is true that we cannot take precana class until 2011. My priest says must take it in 2011. My friend who is getting married next year his priest said he can take it in 2010.

Re: Precana online? Catholic church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you cant take precana classes online... the first part is not bad at all.. the second part is awful... it depends on your church and priest... 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I second the PP.  I have NEVER heard of it being online.  There are lots of options.  We actually did an engaged encounter, which was a whole weekend retreat.  It wasn't too bad.  I think most people like it, until you get to the natural family planning part.  It was actually a really useful thing!
    Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't take it online.

We were advised to take it 6 months out, but since that would have been Christmas time our priest said we could take it 9 months out. Which would have been September. We actually went in November (7 months ahead) and spent a weekend in Cold Spring. It was really nice!

Would have loved to take the EE weekend, but just couldn't afford it at the time.

However, our NFP coach said we can still take it even after we are married, so we might end up doing that.
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen anything online, and each priest has their own preferences as to which format (engaged encounter or lecture-style classes, wtc). Our priest merely said "check out this website and sign up for a class" and he didn't care when we took it. But, that varies by priest.

Like TerriandJoe, we did a weekend in Cold Spring and we absolutely loved it. We learned a lot, it was not centered around religion, but around communication and understanding each other better.  We were not required to take the NFP course and we chose not to, though I have read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and I am charting on my own - best decision I've ever made with regard to my health. I highly recommend that book!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards