New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Review - Homestyle Bakery, Peekskill NY

Homestyle Bakery provided a huge, gorgeous, delicious cake for our wedding last weekend.  So many wedding cakes look great and then fall short on taste.  Not the case here!  We were all thrilled with the cake.

The bakery looks a little odd when you visit (for some reason they have a display of souvenir type jewelry you can buy).  Don't let that throw you off.  Their cakes are sublime.  I have had several cakes made by Homestyle over the past 4 years and they were also excellent.  A++++

(Flower topper by Lee Vazquez)

Re: Vendor Review - Homestyle Bakery, Peekskill NY

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful cake! My family has used Homestyle on several occasions. We actually used them for our engagement party & the cakes (we had two) were delicious but they put the wrong name for FH on our cake.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tally7tally7 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Homestyle as part of our caterer package the cake was really good - excellent and they did a wonderful job
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you sooo much for posting this!! Our venue uses Homestyle exclusively so I haven't done much research because I was kind of stuck using them anyway - glad to hear this wonderful review!!! Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Homestyle cakese are delicious!  The only thing I will say, is that I feel they are a little "rough around the edges" (as in the people that work there).  BUT their cakes definitely make up the difference!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE Homestyle.  I guess that is why so many catering hall get their cakes from them.
  • edited December 2011
    Mocknine, I totally feel you on that! I called to make an appointment and whoever I spoke with on the phone really rushed me off the phone, telling me not to call until January for a July 2012 wedding. I know this is their busy season, but they could have definitely been a little gentler. As long as the cake tastes & looks good, I really don't care though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • BURGH2NYCBURGH2NYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alli, they do seem a little rough around the edges.  When we went for our meeting to discuss flavors and design, etc, the lady who sat down to talk to us didn't even introduce herself!  It was weird.  The shop doesn't look like much.  

Don't let that fool you!  Look at this cake they made for me, and I can tell you that it tasted even better than it looked.  They are wonderful.  :-)  This isn't a photo from a catalog.  This was the actual cake I served at my wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards