New York-Hudson Valley

Need Venue Advice: Nyack Seaport v. Seasons

I'm newly engaged and just started looking at venues this weekend.  FI and I are really between two places: Nyack Seaport and Seasons, and are looking to set a date for July or August 2012.  The price for each place is comparable.  At Seasons, we would be in the upstairs room because we have a smaller party (and the downstairs ballroom is already booked for next summer). FI and I attended a wedding at Seasons last summer and were in the downstairs room. Would love to hear some feedback on either place, especially Nyack Seaport.  Also, any information on the upstairs room at Seasons would be great.  Thanks!!
imageAnniversary

Re: Need Venue Advice: Nyack Seaport v. Seasons

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nyack Seaport was on my list.  We ended up being too big, but I really liked the place, and the people.  If it weren't for the size, there is a good chance I would be there.  We ended up almost 100+ what we originally thought!
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL got married at Seasons (downstairs room) and everything was wonderful.  How many people do you plan on inviting?  Nyack Seaport is significantly smaller than Seasons.  I'm quite surprised to hear they are similar in price.  Personally, between those two I would absolutely go with Seasons. 
  • edited December 2011
    The price for Seasons on a Friday night was comparable to Nyack Seaport on a Saturday night.  We are also looking to get married in July, and I know that's a cheaper month than say September or June.  We are planning on inviting 150 people, and guessing that about 130 will attend.  Have you attended a wedding at Nyack Seaport? Would love to hear any feedback!! It is definitely smaller than Seasons, but for our number I think it would work.  I absolutely agree that Seasons is great; we are just on the fence about Seasons b/c FI's good friend just got married there last year and had access to the entire place.  I feel like our smaller wedding upstairs wouldn't quite compare and am interested in looking to do something a bit different.  Thanks!
    imageAnniversary
  • dcolossidcolossi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Nyack Seaport on 9/10/11.  I also invited about 150 people, figuring around 125 will show.  They only do 1 event at a time so you will be their only focus.  It's family owned and Angelo & Valicitie are wonderful and accommodating people to deal with.  They are also in the process of building out a deck for the cocktail hour room so you'll be sipping martinis outside :)  You should try going there for a complimentary food tasting, we did and everything was very tasty.  For the amount of food, alcohol, linen choices, and their set up of our outdoor ceremony at Hook Mountain - we thought it was a great deal for the price.  
  • edited December 2011
    We actually just went to a tasting at Nyack Seaport and the food was great.  I called yesterday and asked Valicitie to hold a date in July 2012 for us.  We are really excited about the place and absolutely adore Angelo and Valicitie.  I'm going to call this week to set up a meeting to finalize everything.  We saw the deck and it's really nice! It's a great addition :) I also love that they do one wedding at a time, and the view of the water is so pretty.  Congrats on your upcoming wedding and thanks so much for the feedback!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards