New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Grandview in Poughkeepsie

Another question for you wonderful ladies....have any you had your wedding or been to a wedding at the Grandview in the tent section (and how many guests fdid you have)? Likes? Dislikes? Did anyone have incelement weather....how did the tent hold up?

Thanks so much!!!  :-)

Re: Grandview in Poughkeepsie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't comment on the tent from personal experience, but I can tell you that I've never heard anybody say anything bad about it. We had our reception at the Grandview, in the indoor ballroom,  and it was absolutely wonderful. I do not have one single complaint. My guests are still raving about the food, and the day/week/month after the wedding, all I heard was how wonderful the service was. I know my parents' waiter made tons of money in tips because my dad and my uncles all tipped him separately (without knowing the others had) because he was so great, and my dad's not that easy to impress.

There were 2 reasons we didn't book the tent, one being the weather. We were worried about rain (it did rain a little on our wedding day) but more so the heat, since we were married in July. The only other thing was we wanted a little bit of a later reception, and I think if you book the tent you have to end by 10:30 or 11 because of the noise ordinance, but that's still pretty late. However, these were just our concerns, and like I said, I've only heard people rave about their weddings in the tent. Sorry this got so long, I just can't say enough good about the Grandview!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We were married in the tent 3 years ago (wow, can't beleive it's been that long) and I wouldn't trade it for the world! We were married in July and it was hot, but not unbearable. I was really worried about the weather at first, but fell in love with every other aspect. From there, all we could do was pray for no rain. We were lucky- the rain held off until the dancing/partying really began. they had to put the sides down, and they did it quickly and seemlessly. I didn't even notice until the end of the night when we were leaving that the sides were down. I did notice the wind, rain and lightning, but the tent held up more than well! I was also concerned with the fact that we had to be out by 10:30 but that was perfect for us. All of our grandparents were there for the whole night on the dance floor, then at 10:30 we all walked over to shadows and kept the party going. It was wonderful!

Loves: I loved that they could do the cocktail hour overlooking the river in that grassy area as well as under the tent. I loved the fact that our back drop was the bridge the whole time. It was all so beautiful. I loved the food, and so did the guests. I loved that it felt like a ballroom but was sooooo open!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got married in the tent on August 15. I absolutely loved it!!!! It rained a bit, kind of heavy at one point and the tent was absolutely fine and it helped cool down the temp. Like pp my main worry was it being too hot but it was just fine.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the grandview, but it was just too much. Beautiful though!  But, I think the tent is only open April to October or something like that. So you really avoid the bad weather months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards