New York-Hudson Valley

The Fountainhead, thoughts??

I am going to checkout the Fountainhead this weekend because it has been highly recommended by a few brides I know.  If anyone has ever been there, can you please tell me why this place is so highly rated???  What's your personal opinion?

Re: The Fountainhead, thoughts??

• edited December 2011
    My personal opinion was that I didn't love it, mostly because I think the outside of a venue is a real eyesore, and because I wanted something near the water. That being said, once you are inside the venue is really lovely. I've been a guest at a wedding there and I have to say the food and service are both wonderful, and the large ballroom upstairs is really beautiful. The manager was pretty flexible on price and most things, except for when it came to the use of the chapel. that was also a sticking point for me. I did not like the look of the chapel at all, it didn't fit the feel of our ceremony, but we needed to select a venue where we could get married on site. i asked him if it would be possible to have the ceremony on site but simply get married in another room (not the chapel) and the guy freaked out on me saying that the chapel is so gorgeous and that hes never ever heard of anyone not wanting to have the ceremony there and that he wouldn't alllow us to do it in another spot in the venue. Well that made my decision. That being said, if you go there and you like it, I think you would have a wonderful wedding day there.
  • edited December 2011
    I passed on it to the similar outdoor eyesore, they have a small patio for guests who smoke i think its near the dumpsters, They place can use outdoor updates, The cocktail area atrium looks nice, the guy needed 200min guarantee no less and didn't take any cash. I went with Villa Barone Hilltop Manor you can see my reviews in this forum.
  • edited December 2011
    I had our reception at The Fountainhead this past fall and people are still talking about our wedding. The food and service was top notch. We had a big wedding so we did not have any issues with minimums. We got married in the large ballroom and in my opinion it’s elegant and the perfect set-up. The dance floor is big and everyone can see what is going on.  One thing to thing to think about and it may not bother you, but when you have a venue with access to outside from your ballroom you may have more people outside then inside. I have been to weddings were this was the case. All in all, my experience with The Fountainhead was nothing but top class. I did not feel like my wedding was just another wedding. Yes, it might not be the most beautiful building you have ever seen from the outside, but if you are a looking for good food and classy atmosphere, you really cannot go wrong. If I had to do it all over again, I would go right to The Fountainhead.  
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree with PP!  Fountainhead was amazing! I put in a prior post a few weeks ago because I just got married on March 28!  And like PP said, it was top notch...we felt like royalty and our guests really cannot stop talking about the food and how wonderful our wedding was!!  I totally agree that it doesn't have the nicest "surrounding area" but inside it is beautiful, and the atrium is beautiful and in all honesty...if the wedding is at night...why is decor so important to people. IN any case, if food and service is important to you...and if you want to make a good impression on your guests than you will NOT be disappointed with FH!  Feel free to pm me if you have more questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards