New York-Hudson Valley

I know it's only Monday but...

I have to vent already so if you do too please vent along with me.

I don't understand why it's so hard to find a day job. I'm applying to everything that's fit for me and nothing comes from it. I'm so discouraged I don't know what to do. <sigh />

Re: I know it's only Monday but...

• edited December 2011
    im sorry jaimie :(  I'm in the process of looking for a new job too, but i do have a FT job currently.  it stinks! I'm sure something will come along.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    awh im sorry hun :( good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • edited December 2011
    start applying for positions that are a little above your experience. even if you don't have all the experience necessary apply anyway and in your cover letter just make it known that you are fully confident that you can easily learn the needed skills. that's a common mistake that women make, only applying for positions that they have every single requirement for. 
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat! And I agree about applying for jobs slightly above your skill set!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011

Just keep searching and applying. I work in HR, right now it (and has been) a tough time to find a job. Most employers are trying to maintain those employees they have. Hope it all works out and you will find something! If you can maybe have someone review you cover letter and resume - always keep it updated.

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, job hunting totally sucks. I just went through it, and it seriously takes so much out of you ....

good luck...
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck! Hope you find something soon!
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is tough right now, and I agree with a lot of the prior suggestions.  Also maybe think about applying for different types of positions or looking in an industry you never considered before.  I'm gainfully employed now but none of my prior job searches, either with or without a current job, have been short. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards