New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Two Officiants

I am Jewish and my fiancé is Protestant.  I was thinking about having two officiants for the ceremony.  Has anyone ever seen this done and how was it?

Re: Two Officiants

• Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding last year where the couple was Jewish and (i believe) Protestant.  It worked out great in my opinion.  They had a little bit of everything in their ceremony to the traditional type vows to the glass breaking at the end.  They both took turns and it didn't run too long.

What were your concerns?

• Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just didn't know if it would realistically be possible without it looking silly.  I like the symbolic part of the Jewish side, like the glass breaking and the Chuppa (think that is how you spell it) but I like the traditional vows of a Christian ceremony.  Do any of you know of a minister or rabbi that are willing to work together?  I have a rabbi in mind but I haven't spoked to him yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I don't have any official experience with this to tell you about, but I think it's great idea and not silly at all. Go for it! This is your marriage and your faith and I think it's a nice idea to have the two come together during your ceremony.

Everyone is there to see you get married and obviously no one wants a very long dragged out ceremony, but I don't see why you can't easily have them both and have the ceremony over within a reasonable amount of time.

I think it would be a very nice gesture. Good luck!
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my friend is getting married in Sept and she is catholic and fiance is jewish, they will be having a rabbi and a minister marry them. I think its nice to incorporate both of your faiths.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had a Catholic priest and a rabbi for her wedding.  It works out completely fine and doesn't look out of the ordinary at all!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In situations like this, I think having two officiants is the proper thing to do! Go for it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards